Consult Liaison Psychiatrist
MercyOne is seeking full-time BC/BE Consult Liaison Psychiatrist to join its expanding behavioral health services program. This opportunity offers competitive compensation package, including sign-on bonus, paid malpractice and a 401K match.
- Monday – Friday with NO CALL obligations
- Faculty Psychiatry Residency Program
- Academic appointment at Des Moines University
- Will cover Des Moines and West Des Moines campuses
- Working relationship with multi-disciplinary services
- Consult closely with Hospitalist Team
- Inpatient extra shift compensation option
- EMR - CERNER
MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center is a Level II Trauma center that has been faithfully serving the community since 1893. We operate 4 not for profit Catholic Medical Centers and two specialty Hospitals with a total of 875 beds. And we are ONE of many here in Iowa. Our parent organization, Mercy One Iowa has 420 care locations including 18 owned Hospitals and 25 affiliated Medical Centers meeting the needs of Iowans across the state. For the second consecutive year MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center has been named to the Becker’s Healthcare list of “100 great hospitals in America”. Once again MercyOne is one of only two hospitals in Iowa to make this prestigious list. MercyOne is soon opening its brand new state-of –the-art 83000 square-feet 100 bed behavioral health hospital in Clive, suburb of Des Moines to address its growing and unmet need for accessible, high quality and advanced behavioral health services.
Greater Des Moines is consistently ranked nationally among the best places to live with low cost of living and strong job market. Spend Saturdays at the nationally-renowned Downtown Farmers' Market and afternoons strolling in the Pappajohn Sculpture Park. Bike to the job you love and come home to the community of friends and family. Enjoy abundant trails for walking, running and biking. Surrounding suburbs are known for top-notch schools, clean and safe neighborhoods. Cultural events, music and art festivals, the Iowa State Fair and Iowa Cubs games at Principal Park are just a few attractions Des Moines has to offer. This is a place where culture flourishes and opportunities can grow, where a work/life balance can be achieved, where education is unmatched and award-winning arts and entertainment is always just around the corner. Live life without compromise.
MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center is a not-for-profit Catholic health care provider, with a total of 875 beds, includes:
- MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center – West Lakes
- MercyOne Children’s Hospital &, Clinics
- MercyOne Centerville Medicla Center
- MercyOne Newton Medical Center
For more than 100 years, MercyOne has been an outstanding presence in the health care community in Iowa. Founded by the Sisters of Mercy in 1893, MercyOne is the longest continually operating hospital in Des Moines.
With approximately 7,000 staff members and a medical staff of about 1,200 physicians and allied health professionals, Mercy is one of the state’s largest employers and one of the Midwest’s largest referral centers.
MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center – Des Moines is a member of Mercy Health Network (MHN) and is a part of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI), a national nonprofit health organization with headquarters in Englewood, Colorado. MHN was founded in 1998 under a joint operating agreement between CHI and Trinity Health, based in Livonia, Michigan. They are two of the country’s largest Catholic, not-for-profit health organizations. MHN consists of 15 owned hospitals, one joint venture surgical hospital, 26 affiliated community hospitals, 207 owned physician clinics and one joint venture primary care physician enterprise.
In addition to operating the state’s largest medical center, MercyOne has several additional ministries including: MercyOne Medical Group Central Iowa, MercyOne Des Moines Home Care, Mercy College of Health Sciences, MercyOne Des Moines Foundation, the MercyOne Health &, Fitness Center and MercyOne ACO.
At MercyOne, we train doctors and attract faculty by offering four medical residency programs: Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, General Surgery and Psychiatry.
Recognition and Awards
- Mission: Lifeline® Bronze Receiving Quality Achievement Award
- Mission: Lifeline’s Bronze-Plus Award
- Best Regional Hospital for 2017-18 by U.S. News &, World Report
- Recipient of the 2016/2017 Consumer Choice Award by National Research Corporation (NRC) for the 18th consecutive year
- MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center and MercyOne West Des Moines Medical Center were the first centers in the nation to earn accreditation in cardiac electrophysiology (EP) by the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission (IAC)
- MercyOne Ruan Neurology Care was named a Corporate Stars Award Sylvie recipient by the National MS Society – Upper Midwest Chapter
- MercyOne Newton Medical Center was named one of the 2017 Top 100 Rural &, Community Hospitals in the U.S.
CHI is part of CommonSpirit Health, a nonprofit, Catholic health system dedicated to advancing health for all people. It was created in February 2019 through the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives and Dignity Health. CommonSpirit Health is committed to creating healthier communities, delivering exceptional patient care, and ensuring every person has access to quality health care. With its national office in Chicago and a team of approximately 150,000 employees, physicians and advanced practice clinicians, CommonSpirit Health operates 142 hospitals and more than 700 care sites across 21 states. In FY 2018, Catholic Health Initiatives and Dignity Health had combined revenues of $29.2 billion and provided $4.2 billion in charity care, community benefit, and unreimbursed government programs. Learn more at www.commonspirit.org.
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers and support a drug-free work environment.