Recruiting a psychiatrist to join the inpatient mental hospitalist program at Portsmouth Regional Hospital in Portsmouth, New Hampshire.
- Must be board eligible or board certified in their specialty
- Board eligible candidates still in training must be scheduled for their boards
- New Hampshire licensure or ability to obtain
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills to communicate clearly and concisely with all levels of nursing, physicians and administration
* 7 on/7 off work schedule
* Employed position with competitive compensation
* Comprehensive benefits package including CME, dues, malpractice with tail coverage and commencement bonus
* Medical Directorship option for Parkland's need
* Participation in GME Program affiliated with Tufts University
* Be part of a supportive and energetic multi-disciplinary team
About Portsmouth Regional Hospital:
- 220-bed acute care facility with a Level II trauma center
- 24/7 full-service ER
- Two freestanding ERs
- 24/7 dedicated inpatient hospitalist program
- 24/7 dedicated inpatient intensivist program
- Implementing psychiatry residency program in summer 2021 with Tufts University affiliation
- Internal medicine and family medicine residency programs with Tufts University affiliation
- 30-bed inpatient psychiatric unit including 16 involuntary beds
Portsmouth, New Hampshire is a Seacoast city and sits near the mouth of the Piscataqua River which divides the states of New Hampshire and Maine. Portsmouth is at the core of a metropolitan region that includes several small cities and towns. As the nation's third oldest city, Portsmouth offers:
- An area that's rich in history and abundant cultural activities
- Small-town charm
- A host of outdoor activities and proximity to major cities
- Top-notch educational institutions-Both public and private
- No sales tax or state income tax
- A one-hour drive to Boston
- Four seasons of weather
New Hampshire's Portsmouth Regional Hospital provides comprehensive inpatient and outpatient medical services to the residents of New England's Greater Seacoast area. The Seacoast stretches from Southern Maine coast to Northeastern Massachusetts. The 209 bed hospital is home to more than 200 physicians and 1,100 employees.
Because of the hospital's progressive approach and proven outcomes, area residents no longer need to travel to Boston for a vast array of procedures and services. The hospital serves as a regional tertiary center for Cardiac and Neurosurgery.
In addition to the availability of advanced technology, physicians can rely on 24/7 inpatient Hospitalist program and superior nursing care that has helped Portsmouth Regional Hospital rank among the top hospitals nationwide in patient satisfaction.
A $63 million facility expansion and renovation began in 2008, adding more than 67,000 square feet of new construction and 88,000 square feet of renovations to the existing facility.
Portsmouth, a seacoast city, sits near the mouth of the Piscataqua River, which divides the states of New Hampshire and Maine. Portsmouth is at the core of a metropolitan region that includes several small cities and towns. As the nation's third oldest city, Portsmouth is rich in history and abundant cultural activities. Portsmouth offers small-town charm blended with easy access to beaches and major cities; Boston is just an hour drive away. Close to ocean, lakes and mountains. No income tax or state sales tax.