This position provides primary care in an ambulatory and home care setting relative to physical diagnosis and therapeutic management. Many of our patients suffer from serious disabilities, so knowledge of geriatrics, palliative care, disability, behavioral health, and addiction medicine is preferred. Works closely with advance practice clinicians, nursing, social work, clinical support coordinators and other members of the care team to meet the medical, mental health, social and emotional needs of the patients.
- Minimum Education Required MD, DO, or equivalent doctoral degree from an accredited institution.
- Specialty or fellowship training as required.
- Preferred Educational Experience - Experience treating individuals with physical disabilities, chronic illness, palliative care, mental illness and/or substance abuse is preferred.
- Minimum Years Experience Required - 1-3 years
Based in Massachusetts, Commonwealth Care Alliance® (CCA) is a not-for-profit, community-based healthcare organization dedicated to improving care for individuals who are dually eligible for MassHealth (Medicaid) and Medicare with complex medical, behavioral health and social needs, including those with disabilities. With more than 38,000 members, CCA offers two plans: Senior Care Options (HMO SNP), for individuals ages 65 and older who have Medicare and MassHealth Standard or only MassHealth Standard; and One Care, a Massachusetts demonstration program for dual eligible individuals ages 21 to 64. These comprehensive health plans provide all the services covered under Medicare and MassHealth, and other benefits as determined necessary by an interprofessional care team in conjunction with CCA’s preferred provider network. For four consecutive years, CCA’s One Care plan earned a top rating from a consumer survey conducted by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)*, and CMS rated CCA’s Senior Care Options 4.5 out of 5 stars for 2021.
CCA was named one of the Top Places to Work in Massachusetts by the Boston Globe in 2020.
* When making contact with the person who posted this opportunity, please tell them you saw their posting on PracticeMatch.