We are hiring Nurse Practitioners and Physician Associates with acute care experience in ER, Urgent Care, or Internal Medicine to join our growing team serving the Denver County, Colorado community. Our Advanced Practice Providers team with Medical Technicians and are equipped with everything needed to treat common to complex injuries and illnesses through comprehensive health assessments, including diagnosis, treatment, and outcome management, for patients of all ages. Our innovative model allows us to provide definitive care in the home, including point of care laboratory studies, minor procedures, splinting, wound care, suturing, IV fluid and medication administration. We provide whole person care by facilitating timely follow up and care coordination.
Our providers love working in home health because of the high-quality care they can provide, the value of the delivery model and the appreciation of our patients. It is great for providers who enjoy their independence while working to transform healthcare through technology innovation, service, and quality care. This is an opportunity to be a get in on the ground floor of a company driven to build the world’s largest in-home care system.
- Work as a team with a Medical Technician to deliver care in the patient’s home. This involves being a mobile unit and driving in a company vehicle to the place of service.
- Perform comprehensive health assessments and diagnose and treat complex illnesses.
- Provide therapeutic interventions, such as splinting, suturing, wound care and minor procedures.
- Use critical thinking skills and follow evidence-based standards of practice.
- Accurately and thoroughly document your patient encounter and ensure accuracy.
- Analyze test data to diagnose, treat and arrange appropriate follow up for the patient to ensure continuity of care.
- Educate patients and families on how to treat their acute illness and manage their health and well-being.
- Effectively navigate difficult conversations related to end-of-life issues and goals of care.
- Communicate effectively with patients, family, the medical power of attorney, primary care provider and all individuals involved in the patient’s care.
- Identify and proactively solve problems.
- Adhere to clinical and safety standards, protocols, and performance metrics.
- Provide care with compassion, empathy, and cultural competency.
- Maintain positive relationships with DHMT partners and remote teams.
- Attend training sessions and clinical team meetings.
- Maintain professional etiquette and serve as ambassadors for the company.
- Lead your practice and always do what’s right for the patient.
- At least 5 years of experience in acute care (ED, UC, Internal Medicine)
- Graduate with an advanced degree from an accredited institution
- Current unrestricted state license as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Associate
- Nationally board certified, current
- Current BLS / ACLS certification
- Prescriptive authority and DEA
Compensation/Benefits (In reference to Colorado only)
- NP/PA: $58-65 hrly
- We offer a comprehensive benefit package, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401k, paid time off, family, and short-term disability leave.
SCP Health (SCP) is a clinical company. At our core we work to bring hospitals and healers together in the pursuit of clinical effectiveness. With a portfolio of over 8 million patients, 7500 providers, 30 states, and 400 healthcare facilities, SCP Health is a leader in clinical practice management spanning the entire continuum of care, including emergency medicine, hospital medicine, wellness, telemedicine, intensive care, and ambulatory care.