CHI - St Alexius Health - Dickinson Medical Center
- 2500 Fairway Street
CHI St Alexius Health Dickinson, located in Dickinson, North Dakota, is a 25-bed, Critical Access Hospital with a Level IV Trauma Center accredited by the American College of Surgeons and The Joint Commission. We carry the vision of our founding Sisters by building healthier communities through a healing ministry. Along with our hospital, we administer a wide range of clinic services in Dickinson, along with our rural clinic in Beach, ND.
With the support of the local community, CHI St. Alexius Health has constructed a new, state-of-the-art health care facility in west Dickinson. This beautiful facility houses our hospital and all of our Dickinson clinic locations under one roof.Where We Are
Dickinson is a progressive community of over 30,000 people that serves as a regional center for over 101,000. We are located in the southwest corner of North Dakota. Strong incremental growth over the past decade has been fueled be a diverse economy fed by new wealth from energy, agriculture, and manufacturing.
Dickinson is the destination community for entertainment, shopping, and business services. Roughrider Days Fair & Expo, the North Dakota Ukrainian Festival, Homecoming at Dickinson State University Campus, Bandshell Concerts, Rodeos, Specialty Vehicle Shows, Art in the Park, and our Concert Series are just some of the activities available here.
For the outdoors lovers, world-class bird and big-game hunting compliment hiking, biking and equestrian trails. The West River Community Center is the envy of all North Dakota indoor recreation centers with two pools, tennis courts, climbing wall, fitness center, racquetball and more.Who We Are
CHI St. Alexius Health - Dickinson Medical Center is a 25-bed, Critical Access Hospital with a Level IV Trauma Center accredited by the American College of Surgeons and The Joint Commission. We carry the vision of our founding Sisters by building healthier communities through a healing ministry. Along with our hospital located at 2500 Fairway Street in Dickinson, we administer a wide range of clinic services at the same location, along with our rural clinic in Beach, ND.
CHI St. Alexius Health Dickinson Credentials & Recognitions:
- Currently holds The Joint Commission’s National Quality Approval award
- Holds Acute Stroke-Ready Hospital Certification
- 2017 - 6th Best Place to Live - Money Magazine
- 2017 - 5th Best City for Millennial Home Buyers by Realtor.com
- 2016 - Best City in ND for Retirees - SmartAsset
- 2016 3rd Happiest Place in ND Zippia.com (ND Ranked Happiest State)
- 2015 #1 Strongest Micropolitan Economy – POLICOM Corp.
- 2015 #4 Best Tasting Drinking Water – MSN.com
- 2013 Best Small Town ranked by Livability.com
- 2013 Top Performer on Key Quality Measures® Recognition from The Joint Commission for Pneumonia and Surgical Care
- 2013 City of Year - ND League of Cities
- Cardiac Rehabilitation Program certified by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (AACVPR)
- Named a HealthStrong™ Top 100 Critical Access Hospital in 2013
- 2013 & 2014 2nd Fastest Growing Micropolitan in the USA per US Census
CHI St. Alexius Health Dickinson is part of Catholic Health Initiatives, a nonprofit, faith-based health system formed in 1996 through the consolidation of four Catholic health systems, expresses its mission each day by creating and nurturing healthy communities in the hundreds of sites across the nation where we provide care.
At CHI, we’re investing in our physician enterprise because we know that our physicians, mid-level providers and medical practice staff are the heart of CHI and the high-quality care we provide to our patients. Our physician enterprise includes CHI’s employed physicians and non-physician providers, and currently makes up 20% of the medical staff providing care in our hospitals. These highly talented medical professionals serve our communities, shape our approach to patient care and manage clinical functions. In short, they make it possible for us to sustain and grow our ministry of care.
The mission of Catholic Health Initiatives is to nurture the healing ministry of the Church by bringing it new life, energy and viability in the 21st century.
Our Core Values – Reverence, Integrity, Compassion and Excellence
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers and support a drug-free environment.