Information We Collect from Unregistered VisitorsInformation We Collect from Registered Users
You must register to access our full Services. When you register for the Services, you are asked to provide identifying information such as your name, email address, zip code and other professional information, e.g. specialty and profession. Additional information may be requested, which may be required to access some Services. We may collect additional information about registered users from third party sources to assist us in providing the Services. For example, we may use such third party sources to verify and update registration information and confirm licensure status.Information We Collect through Services We Offer
- Electronic Newsletters: The Services may include free electronic newsletters sent to users to provide specific information on the appropriate or selected topics. We must gather the email addresses of users who register for and voluntarily subscribe to said Services. You may remove yourself from a mailing list at any time by following the instructions provided at the end of every newsletter.
- Other Promotions: By registering with our Service(s) you agree that we may send you email regarding information specific to such Service(s), surveys, or other opportunities that involve PM Services. We must gather the email addresses of users to register for said Services. You may remove yourself from a mailing list at any time by terminating the Service.
- Industry Sponsored Programs: From time to time, registered users may be invited to participate in industry-sponsored programs and other industry-supported events and offers. Registered users who participate agree that their name, specialty, profession, and the content they participate in along with their answers to any questions to which they choose to respond, can be shared with the industry sponsor. Registered users may cease participating in these programs at any time.
- Discussion Lists: Discussion lists may be available through the Services. Use of discussion lists requires separate opt-in and additional registration and agreement to the terms and conditions for this Service. Subscribing to any other Service does not also subscribe users to affiliated discussion lists. You may remove yourself from a discussion list at any time by following the instructions provided.
- Category 2 CME Recorder: This tool may be available through the Services. It collects your usage of select Category 2 CME-appropriate content, such as the date and time you read an article summary or took a quiz, and the length of time you spent on a quiz. These data are used to create a customized report that is available to you upon your request.
- Additional Forms and Emails: We may also ask you to provide additional information after you register if you want to obtain additional services or information, or to resolve complaints or concerns.
PM collects information about your activity on the Sites and through our advertisements using technologies such as cookies, including third-party cookies, web beacons and server log files.
- Usage Tracking: PM uses traffic analysis software on our servers to track user traffic patterns throughout the Services. PM uses this data to break down overall usage statistics according to IP address, domain name, browser type, and MIME type by reading this information from the data automatically sent by the browser whenever a web page is requested. Additionally, solely in connection with your voluntary participation in a market research study, your computer may be tracked by digital fingerprinting or watermarking to help ensure unique responders to a survey.
How We Use Information We Collect
We retain and use the information we collect about you as follows:
- To provide our Services to you, to communicate with you about your use of our Services, to respond to your inquiries, and for other customer services purposes.
- If you are a potential jobseeker, to share with Hiring Organizations. If you are a Hiring Organization, to share with potential jobseekers.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experience while using the Sites or Services.
- To understand how users access and use our Sites and Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Sites and the Services and respond to desires and preferences.
- To personalize content and recommendations and to send marketing and other promotional information about jobs and other products and services in which we think you might be interested.
- We may also use aggregate or de-identified information about users for other marketing, research and other purposes.
Information Sharing and Disclosures
Your email address will not be sold to a third party if you sign up to be included on our email distribution list. Our periodic email distributions include emails announcing job openings, email newsletters, discussion lists, market research programs, quiz programs, and information about other PM services. You may opt out or unsubscribe at any time.
Marketing and Advertising
PII Shared with Third Parties
In addition to aggregate information, we may share some kinds of personally identifiable information with third parties as described below.
PracticeMatch Career Center:
For Physicians, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, and other potential jobseekers: By electing to use the Career Center, you are able to search for jobs in your area, register to receive emails about future job postings, and permit employers and recruiters to contact you directly regarding job offerings. You may search job postings without being a registered user, but in order to apply for a job, receive email communications, participate in the interactive areas to be found at the Career Center or be contacted by a potential employer interested in you for employment, you must be a registered member or supply certain minimum information so that the potential employer may contact you.
If you elect to register and post your Profile in the Physician Career Center, we will collect the following personally identifiable information:
Years in Practice
Other personal information, including, but not limited to, hobbies and geographic preferences
Your personally identifiable information allows us to share your job preferences and work experiences with prospective employers, and communicate with you about potential employment opportunities. Posting your Profile in the Physician Career Center exposes you to thousands of potential employers each day. If you post your Profile, any registered employer who purchases access to our databases can view your Profile and contact details (to the extent you include them in your Profile).
We attempt to limit access to our searchable Profile database to legitimate subscribers such as paying employers, hiring managers, and human resource professionals ("Hiring Organizations"), but cannot guarantee that other parties will not gain access to this database. We do not verify the credentials of Hiring Organizations and cannot control the use of Profiles by third parties who access such Profiles while they are in our searchable database. It is your responsibility to evaluate all Hiring Organizations and any offers made by Hiring Organizations. You may remove your Profile from our database at any time. However Hiring Organizations who have paid for access to that database, as well as parties who have otherwise gained access to the database, may have retained a copy of your Profile in their own files or databases. We cannot control the retention, use or privacy of Profiles that have been downloaded by third parties. Accordingly, you should not put information you would not want made public in your Profile.
You may elect to optimize your Profile by posting and sharing your curriculum vitae on the Physician Career Center. If you do not wish to share your curriculum vitae with a Hiring Organization registered to use our Online Services, do not post your curriculum vitae to the Career Center. You may delete your curriculum vitae from our database at any time; however, Hiring Organizations who previously received your curriculum vitae through the Physician Career Center may still have access to your curriculum vitae if they retained a copy for their files or databases. We are not responsible for the sharing, retention, use, or privacy of curriculum vitaes and other personal information shared on the Physician Career Center.
For Hiring Organizations
Hiring Organizations may post job opportunities on the Sites which are not kept private and are searchable and viewable by all users, registered or not. We do not verify the credentials or availability of applicants and cannot control the use of profile information by third parties who access such information. It is your responsibility to evaluate all applicants. You may remove your job opportunities from our searchable database at any time. However, parties who have gained access to the database may have retained a copy of your profile in their own files or databases. We cannot control the retention, use or privacy of profiles that have been downloaded by third parties. Accordingly, you should not put information you do not want made public in your profile.
- Customer Reviews: In some instances, we may select and post user reviews on the Sites which may contain Personal Information such as the user's name. We will obtain your consent to use your name prior to posting the review. If posted, such review will be available to other users of the Sites and may become public.
- Market Research Studies: From time to time, we may invite you to participate in sponsored or unsponsored market research studies. These studies are intended to give specific anonymous feedback to third parties. This feedback, while shared in the format it was collected, will not be shared in a manner that is correlated to your personally identifiable information used to pay honoraria for your time. All participants may be disclosed to such third parties by a unique identifier, but such identifier will not be associated with any specific feedback. When you take part in market research studies, your identity as a participant may be shared but your answers remain anonymous.
Industry Sponsored Programs: Registered users may be asked to engage in industry-sponsored information programs from time to time in accordance with the applicable terms and conditions. Examples of Sponsored Programs include custom-developed web-based information resources featuring branded or unbranded commercial content, or interactive programs that provide information about medical conditions, treatments and products. Other types of Sponsored Programs may be made available to you through the Services via emails and website communications.
- Quiz Games: If Quiz Games are available through the Services and you elect to participate, your name or registered pseudonym may appear on the live leaderboards and in certain communications to our members. Answers to quiz questions are not shared.
- Affiliated Companies PM is a wholly owned subsidiary of M3 USA Corporation, and part of the M3, Inc. group of companies that provide Internet services for physicians and other healthcare professionals around the world (collectively, "Affiliates"). PM may share your personal information with Affiliates, which may use your personal information to send you emails about services they provide, new programs and selected information from their sponsors as it relates to your specialty or area of clinical practice.
- PracticeMatch Career Center:
Users may unsubscribe to any of our email lists, electronic newsletters or discussion lists at any time by following the instructions contained at the end of every email, newsletter or discussion list, and also on the Sites. If you no longer wish to use any of our services or receive any information from us, you may request to have your personal information removed from our databases by sending a request via email (email@example.com) or by fax (314-485-6206), including your first and last names and email address with which you originally registered. Changes or corrections to your information may be submitted in the same fashion; however, you may directly edit your personal profile any time by visiting the "My Account" page on the Sites.
How to Contact Us
If you have questions or concerns about our privacy practices or wish to make a request regarding your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or:PracticeMatch Corporation Attention: Information 600 Emerson Road, Suite 450 St. Louis, MO 63141 Telephone: (314) 485-6205 Fax: (314) 530-8735
Last updated March, 2021