Firelands Regional Medical Center
- 1111 Hayes Avenue
PAT Services-Pre-Admission Testing
Southwest General Hospital
18697 Bagley Rd. Middleburg Heights, OH 44130
Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete a thorough evaluation of the patients’ history and physical exam, dictating their findings in a consultation note that will also serve as the preoperative H and P. This will be dictated immediately upon completion of the evaluation. Any abnormal findings on the exam should be forwarded to the patients’ Primary care Physician, and if relevant to the planned procedure, to the attending surgeon.
- Make referrals and recommendations regarding any further preoperative testing when indicated, to include cardiac stress testing, catheterization, carotid Doppler ultrasound, or echocardiography. All other preoperative testing will be performed prior to the NP visit as per the surgeon/anesthesiology protocol.
- Make recommendations for medical care during the perioperative period, to include advising the patient to withhold or add medications prior to surgery.
- Current State Licensure/Registration
- Master’s degree in nursing
- Current ACLS
- Prescriptive authority – Required
- Full and Part Time Schedule
- M-F schedule/No Call/No weekends/No Holidays
- Comprehensive Benefit Package