GenesisCare is seeking a full-time Physician Assistant for its Martinsburg, WV location.
Join a busy practice with a well-established radiation oncology physician. No Call. Monday through Friday schedule. Practice is located on campus of Berkeley Medical Center/WVU Medicine. Oncology experience preferred but not required.
The Physician Assistant works closely with the physician to provide quality patient care. The PA traditionally works under the supervision of a physician and assists with the day-to-day services rendered to patients such as routine status checks, office consults and follow-ups, re-evaluations, hospital consults, and discharge summaries.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Obtain history and physical
- Family counseling
- Record pertinent data on patient charts for signature by M.D.
- Facilitate supervising physician referral of patients to the appropriate health care facilities, agencies, or other resources of the community or other physicians
- Dictate progress notes, history and physical, follow-ups, and end of treatment summaries
- Administer and or order medication upon request of supervising physician
- Initiate emergency resuscitation and stabilization measures on any patient requiring such
- Perform chart audits
- Provide in-service and daily consultation to nursing staff
- Initiate consultation and monitor patients for special tests
- Counsel patients as to preventive care
- Answering physician patient calls
- All other specific tasks delegated by supervising physician in accordance to the physician assistant’s knowledge and experience developed under the supervising physician in the field of radiation oncology
- Make daily rounds on patients to include: writing notes; orders and schedules tests; planning discharge; and communicating with families, patients and other health care providers.
- Assess patients referred for consultation and coordinate their care.
- Assist physicians in special procedures when other responsibilities are fulfilled.
Who we are:
We are 6000+ highly trained healthcare professionals and support staff across the United States, Australia, the U.K, Spain and China, designing cancer and heart disease treatments to help patients achieve the best possible life outcomes.
Across the world, we have more than 580+ centres to help us bring the right care to our patients. Every year our team sees more than 1.4 million patients globally across our Oncology, Cardiology & Sleep Medicine Centres.
People centricity is at the heart of what we do and we pride ourselves on making our people a priority, whether that be a patient or an employee. We aim to build culture of ‘care’ that is patient focused, and performance driven. Our people promise is “do your life’s best work, by always growing, having a profound human impact and making great things happen together.” If you’d like to truly make a difference, join us at GenesisCare!