- 280 Pattonsville Road
For over 100 years, the Holzer name has been woven into the fabric of our community. We are the largest, strongest healthcare system serving south central Ohio into West Virginia and Kentucky.
Come practice quality medicine in state of the art facilities while living in an area that is characterized as much by its friendly people and strong values as by its picturesque charm and breathtaking scenery. Holzer Health System provides unparalleled access to leading technology. With all of our employees, physicians, and high-level service in one system, the Holzer family’s mission to achieve patient-centered excellence is truly a way of life.
Today, Holzer is a regional health system with…
- Over 160 board certified/eligible physicians
- More than 30 areas of expertise
- 13 locations throughout southeastern Ohio and western West Virginia
- Primary service area covering 7 counties: 6 in Ohio and 1 in West Virginia
- Population base of over 300,000
- Annual ambulatory visits exceeding 500,000
- Two hospitals within our system:
- Holzer Medical Center – Gallipolis, licensed for 266 beds and is designated by the Federal Government as a Rural Referral Center
- Holzer Medical center – Jackson, a 24-bed Critical Access Hospital
- 2 Assisted Living facilities
- Home Care, Extra Care, and Hospice Services
- Graduate Medical Education in Family Practice
About Jackson County
Jackson County offers the peace and tranquility of a rural setting and the climate everyone would love to call “home”. Jackson is located within two hours of 5 major cities and 7 interstate highways, almost all of them four-lanes. The city of Jackson, the county seat, is located 75 miles south of the state capital of Columbus, 100 miles east of Cincinnati and just over 30 miles northwest of the Ohio River in Gallipolis.
Jackson County is considered one of the most progressive counties among Ohio’s 88 counties, especially among those outside of metropolitan areas. There are over 100 active civic organizations in the county, several community parks and athletic facilities, pools, medical facilities, and 3 top-rated school districts. It’s also located within 40 miles of 3 four-year universities. As for recreation, the county is one of the state’s premier hunting and fishing areas and encompasses all four seasons of the year, along with many festivals and fairs.