Kentucky River Medical Center
- 540 Jett Drive
- Founded in 1988, Kentucky River Medical Center (KRMC), an acute care hospital licensed for 55 beds and is the only hospital serving a four-county area.
- Emergency room visits average about 1,000 per month.
- Services include: surgery, critical care, radiology, laboratory, cardiopulmonary, physical therapy, and a 24-hour physician-staffed emergency room.
- 21 physicians on active staff; 6 on consulting staff
- Specialties include: family and internal medicine; general, vascular and orthopedic surgery; cardiology, urology, oncology, hematology, pulmonology, pediatrics, radiology and anesthesiology
- Operating family medicine clinics in neighboring counties -- two satellite clinics in neighboring counties, as well as four on-campus satellite clinics with specialists in the areas of cardiology, gynecology, urology, oncology, pediatrics, general and vascular surgery and orthopedic and arthroscopic surgery.
- KRMC is also a clinical training site for a number of colleges and vocational schools, currently hosting students pursuing the following degrees: respiratory therapy, medical technology, medical laboratory technician, registered nurse, radiological technologist and physician assistant.