Full timeHours per Pay Period:
As AssignedAverage rate:
Depending on Experience(This represents the rate for an individual with significant experience in this job in a full-time 40 hour per week position)Department:
Bay Area HospitalCurrent Bay Area Hospital Employee:
If you are a current Bay Area Hospital employee, please apply through the Workday internal career site.
The future looks bright at Bay Area Hospital, and we are always searching for quality people to join our team. We offer a great atmosphere, competitive pay, a wide array of benefits, and many growth opportunities for our employees. Job Description:
Chief Operating Officer
The COO is responsible for ensuring that efficient, customer-focused workflows, processes, resident systems and programming are in place. Fostering teamwork, the COO will develop and implement plans for operational systems, processes, and personnel assignments to accommodate the growth and strategic planning objectives of the organization while giving priority to the care of our patients.SKILLS, ABILITIES and COMPENTENCIES
Understands the importance of relationships to enabling effective teamwork. Modifies personal style, focusing on the needs of others, and listens effectively to ensure effective outcomes for group endeavors.
Acts in a leadership position to achieve desired results by inspiring trust in others, providing clear direction and effectively attracting and deploying talent.
Actively encouraged others to reach their highest level of effectiveness as individuals and as teams. Seeks out developmental opportunities for self and for others.
Interacts with others through verbal and non-verbal means to present information in an engaging and understandable manner. The use of listening and other attending behaviors to gain a shared understanding of the topic at hand.
Defines and creates a compelling vision for the future and the implementation of strategies necessary for success.
Makes high quality decisions in a timely manner, usually with less data and analysis than might be desired.
Takes a dynamic approach to work characterized by initiating decisions and actions. Concentrates on achieving the outcomes of a process or project while adhering to the overall strategy of the organization. Creates a culture of accountability and performance.EDUCATION/CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSES/DEGREES
- Bachelor of Science/Arts Degree from an accredited university or college
- Masters of Business Administration, Business or Hospital Administration (will consider extensive experience in lieu of)
- ACHE Fellow or Member of ACHE preferred
- A minimum of five years' progressive experience in a similar role in an acute care facility in managing multiple departments/functions with substantial responsibility for both revenues and expenses.
Union Affiliation: None
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and job skills required. Physical/Mental/Environmental Requirements
- Requires extensive sitting with periodic standing and walking
- May be required to lift up to 20 pounds
- Requires significant use of personal computer, phone and general office equipment
- Needs adequate visual acuity, ability to grasp and handle objects
- Needs ability to communicate effectively through reading, writing, and speaking in person or on telephone
- May require off-site travel
LCompensation Grade Profile:
L - Salaried
Bay Area Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Anti-Retaliation Notice