Quick Submit Time Type:
Part timeHours per Pay Period:
As AssignedAverage rate:
$53.43 USD(This represents the rate for an individual with significant experience in this job)Department:
Operating RoomCurrent Bay Area Hospital Employee:
If you are a current Bay Area Hospital employee, please apply through the Workday internal career site.
The future looks bright at Bay Area Hospital, and we are always searching for quality people to join our team. We offer a great atmosphere, competitive pay, a wide array of benefits, and many growth opportunities for our employees. Job Description:
Registered Nurse - Surgical Services
Within the RN scope of practice as defined by the Oregon State Board of Nursing, applies the nursing process to the care of patients. Teaches patients and significant others. Documents patient care in the medical record. Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team to effectively coordinate overall care of the patient.SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be able to take call nights, weekends, and holidays on a rotating basis; must be within 20 minute travel time to hospital
- Able to read, write legibly, and converse effectively in the English language.
- Exhibits critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Flexible, able to prioritize and adapt to rapidly-changing patient and unit needs.
- Demonstrates effective teaching skills.
- Responds effectively to patient crisis/emergency situations
- Proficient in use of computer, including accessing internet, word processing, and documenting in an electronic medical record system.
- Maintains regular, consistent and punctual attendance at the assigned job location
- Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of Oregon
- American Heart Association Healthcare Provider Basic Life Support (BLS)
- American Heart Association Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Graduation from an accredited perioperative program preferred
- CNOR preferred
- Recent (within past 5 years) acute care hospital experience preferred
- Operating room experience within past two years or graduation from an accredited perioperative program preferred
Union Affiliation: ONA
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and job skills required. PHYSICAL/MENTAL/ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Able to sit, stand, walk, bend, squat, reach, and stretch frequently
- May be required to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must use standard precautions due to threat of exposure to blood and body fluids
- Needs ability to communicate effectively through reading, writing, and speaking in person or on telephone
- Requires frequent use of personal computer
- Must demonstrate manual dexterity
ONACompensation Grade Profile:
Bay Area Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Anti-Retaliation Notice