Our value-based care organization is seeking a non-invasive cardiologist to lead the development of a new outpatient cardiology program in Orlando.
* *Work-Life Balance: *Achieve harmony between your professional and personal life. No hospital call. No weekends or holidays. Our cardiologist work exclusively in the outpatient setting.
* *Competitive Compensation:* Receive a competitive salary package with additional incentives to reward your commitment to delivering exceptional patient care.
* *Evidence-Based Practice: *Embrace a culture of continuous learning and growth, where evidence-based medicine guides our approach to patient treatment and management.
* *Quality of Care Model: *Be part of a progressive healthcare model that prioritizes quality outcomes and outpatient satisfaction over traditional volume-based metrics. You'll be equipped with best-in-class data and analytics to help inform you to make the best treatment decision for your patients.
The Cardiologist serves as a health-care provider who specializes in diagnosis, management, and follow-up of patients with any suspected or known heart diseases. The Cardiologist work assignments involve outpatient office and telehealth visits, interpretation of imaging studies including echo and vascular ultrasounds, curbside consults with referring physicians, and didactic presentations.
This is a rare opportunity that allows for work-life balance within the field of cardiology, with working hours M-F, and no hospital call or weekend requirements. The current position is a path-to-medical director position, with potential for promotion after 1 year.
* Evaluates and treats center patients in accordance with standards of care.
* Follows level of medical care and quality for patients and monitors care using available data and chart reviews.
* Acts as an active participant and key source of medical expertise with the care team through daily huddles.
* Helps Regional Medical Director and Center Administrator in setting a tone of cooperation in practice by displaying a professional and approachable demeanor.
* Completes all medical record documentation in a timely manner working with a quality- based coder to optimize coding specificity.
* Follows policy and protocol defined by Clinical Leadership.
* Meets with RMD about quality of care, review of outcome data, policy, procedure and records issues.
* Participates in potential growth opportunities for new or existing services within the Center.
* Participates in rotating coverage for after-hours urgent phone calls from patients.
* Assures personal compliance with licensing, certification, and accrediting bodies.
* Spend 100% of your time clinically focused on direct patient care, inclusive of patient facing time and general administrative time (charting, meetings, etc.) as it relates to direct patient care.
* Current and unrestricted medical license or willing to obtain a medical licenses in state of practice
* Graduate of accredited MD or DO program of accredited university
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Demonstrate a high level of skill with interpersonal relationships and communications with colleagues/patients
* Fully engaged in the concept of "Integrated team based care" model
* Willingness and ability to learn/adapt to practice in a value-based care setting
* Superior patient/customer service
* Basic computer skills, including email and EMR
* This role is considered patient facing and is a part of our Tuberculosis (TB) screening program. If selected for this role, you will be required to be screened for TB
* Board Certification or Eligible to become certified (ABMS or AOA) in Cardiovascular DiseaseBoard Certification in echocardiography, nuclear cardiology, and vascular ultrasound (RPVI) preferred.
* Active and unrestricted DEA license
* Medicare Provider Number
* Medicaid Provider Number
* Minimum of two to five years directly applicable experience preferred
* Experience managing Medicare Advantage panel of patients with understanding of Best Practice in coordinated care environment in a value based relationship environment preferred.
* Knowledge of Medicare guidelines and coverage
* Bilingual is a plus
* Knowledge of HEDIS quality indicators preferred
* Guaranteed base salary + semi-annual bonus
* Excellent benefit package - _health insurance effective on your first day of employment_· CME Allowance/Time
* Occurrence Based Malpractice Insurance
* 401(k) with Employer Match
* Life Insurance/Disability
* Paid Time Off/Holidays
* Minimal Call
Centerwell and Conviva Primary Care Centers are one of the largest and fastest growing value-based care organizations in the country, operating over 250 centers across fifteen states.
Operating as a payor-agnostic, wholly owned subsidiary of Humana, our centers put the unique needs of seniors at the center of everything we do. Our Clinics offer a team-based care model where our physicians lead a multi-disciplinary care team supporting patient's physical, emotional, and social wellness.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $350,000.00 - $360,000.00 per year
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Health savings account
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Parental leave
* Referral program
* Tuition reimbursement
* Vision insurance
Primary care specialties:
* 8 hour shift
Work Location: In person