*Chief of* *Psychiatry / Full-Time Employment Opportunity*
NO CALL, can work partially onsite and partially remote if desired
*HIGHLIGHTS OF THE OPPORTUNITY:*
* This position allows the Psychiatrist to maintain a healthy balance of clinical and administrative time. Initially we envision 80% clinical / 20% administrative; however, this is flexible and may change over time.
* Flexible work schedule (must be full-time, but hours can be flexible)
* Outpatient clinical responsibilities, providing Psychiatric Pharmacotherapy for a diverse patient population, ranging from older adolescents to adults.
* Position provides specialty care dealing with the diagnosis and treatment of mental, addictive, and emotional disorders, such as psychoses, depression, anxiety disorders, and adjustment reactions.
* Manage a team of five Psychiatrists, including a Child/Adolescent Psychiatrist, Psych trained APRN and an excellent group of therapists and support staff. Our physicians work closely with a large team of Medical Family Therapists which help to facilitate admissions and case management.
* Opportunity to teach Family Medicine residents if desired
* NO CALL
* Work can be partially onsite and partially remote
* Leadership training available with Harvard and other organizations
* Eligible for loan repayment
*The desired candidate will have:*
* successfully completed a post-graduate residency in Psychiatry
* a current unrestricted license to practice medicine and eligible for Oklahoma licensure
* board eligible status with a preference for board certification
* ASAM training is preferred, but not required
* demonstrate a high level of competence and leadership quality
* willingness to work with other departments collaboratively
* at least three to five years of clinical experience and previous leadership responsibility
Hours of operation are Monday-Friday, 8 to 5. Telepsychiatry may be utilized with patients. Psychiatrists are supervised by the Chief of Psychiatry, but each work with a great degree of autonomy.
The Chickasaw Nation Department of Health operates a new state-of-the-art hospital facility with a Behavioral Health suite. The Medical Center is located in picturesque south central Oklahoma, amidst rolling hills and mature trees. We are one hour from a major metro area. The Oklahoma City airport is 1.5 hours away and the DFW airport in Dallas, Texas is 2.5 hours away. Excellent school systems are available in the immediate area and the city has recognizable brand stores (i.e., The Home Depot, Starbucks), in addition to community and movie theatres and other entertainment venues. East Central University, a four-year college, is located here. The Chickasaw Nation employs over 13,000 people in a diversity of businesses; the Chickasaw Nation Department of Health is committed to providing excellent healthcare to the First American population we serve.
*A few of the benefits and advantages:*
* Hospital employment with Federal Tort malpractice coverage provided
* Interview expenses covered
* Paid relocation
* Outstanding Medical Insurance for provider and family
* 401K with matching
* Over 150 collegial Medical Staff members
* Outpatient practice with no call
* Outpatient office located at the hospital
* Competitive compensation and excellent benefits
* Annual bonus program (BSB worth up to 10% of gross salary)
* Operations and staff are handled by the Behavioral Health Director, freeing the Psychiatrist to focus on patient care and administrative responsibilities
Job Type: Full-time
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Employee discount
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Parental leave
* Professional development assistance
* Retirement plan
* Vision insurance
* Day shift
* Monday to Friday
* Have you successfully completed a post-graduate residency in Psychiatry?
* Do you possess a current, unrestricted license to practice medicine?
* Are you registered or registry eligible to practice medicine in Oklahoma?
* Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local laws and regulations?
* This position is a COVID sensitive position and requires the COVID-19 vaccine. Are you fully vaccinated or willing to become fully vaccinated before starting employment if selected?
* I understand that the Chickasaw Nation has a no tolerance policy of drugs and alcohol, and this includes the use of medicinal marijuana. As a sovereign Nation, State law does not apply to the Chickasaw Nation, and therefore the use of marijuana is illegal and is not acceptable for employees.
* clinical: 3 years (Preferred)
* leadership responsibility: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Ada, OK 74820