$10,000 Sign-on BonusTime Type:
Full timeHours per Pay Period:
Day ShiftAverage rate:
Depending on Experience(This represents the rate for an individual with significant experience in this job in a full-time 40 hour per week position)Department:
Finance DivisionCurrent Bay Area Hospital Employee:
If you are a current Bay Area Hospital employee, please apply through the Workday internal career site.
The future looks bright at Bay Area Hospital, and we are always searching for quality people to join our team. We offer a great atmosphere, competitive pay, a wide array of benefits, and many growth opportunities for our employees. Job Description:
The Controller position is tasked with directing all aspects of financial management, including accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as developing internal controls and procedures.SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong organizational and management skills
- Ability to see the big picture while focusing on the process and procedures needed to produce results
- Experience using a personal computer. Must be able to demonstrate ability to use word processor and spreadsheet software programs, including databases and query tools at an advanced level.
- Applies advanced accounting techniques in order to evaluate existing procedures for recording financial transactions and recommends methods for reducing time and cost of accounting operations
- Maintains knowledge of current trends and developments in the field by reading appropriate books, journals and other literature and attends related conferences, seminars
- Maintains regular, consistent and punctual attendance at the assigned job location
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles and statistics in order to prepare monthly financial statements and reconcile accounts at a level normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Interpersonal skills necessary to deal effectively with a variety of internal contacts as well as outside service providers
- Systems knowledge and computer usage exposure to ensure ongoing high data integrity for all financial and statistical information maintained or distributed from accounting systems
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA or master's degree preferred
- Approximately 5 to 7 years related work experience, with at least 3 years in a hospital setting
Union Affiliation: None
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and job skills required. Physical/Mental/Environmental Requirements
- Requires extensive sitting with periodic standing and walking.
- May be required to lift up to 20 pounds.
- Requires significant use of personal computer, phone and general office equipment.
- Needs adequate visual acuity, ability to grasp and handle objects.
- Needs ability to communicate effectively through reading, writing, and speaking in person or on telephone.
- May require off-site travel
JCompensation Grade Profile:
J - Salaried
Bay Area Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Anti-Retaliation Notice