We've learned that what is best for patients is also best for employees. Learn more about why we are one of the Best Companies to Work for in Texas®.
**Join UMC Physicians: Where Employee Satisfaction Soars at 98%!**
Title: Revenue Cycle Management Follow Up Supervisor
Department: Central Business Office
We are seeking a full time on-site supervisor well versed in medical insurance billing to join our team. The RCM Follow Up Supervisor is attentive to deadlines to ensure timely collections of all claims and works with staff members to provide guidance on claim follow up procedures.
• Goal oriented
• Professional demeanor and appearance
• Punctual and dependable
• Decision-making and Problem resolution
• Organization and time management, ability to multi-task and meet
• Ability to work 40 hours per week on site
• 8-5 Monday - Friday
• Potential infrequent weekends for special projects
Our Mission: To improve the quality of life for our community by providing the best patient experience for every patient.
Our Vision: To be the best place to work and the best place to receive healthcare.
Benefits: UMC Physicians offers a comprehensive benefits package to eligible full-time employees. Benefits include:
• Paid Time Off
• Sick Pay
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Employer Paid Group Life and Voluntary Life Insurance
• Short Term Disability Insurance
• Long Term Disability (after 2 years of employment)
• Critical Illness, Accident and Cancer Insurance
• Health Care and Dependent Care Spending Accounts
• 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match
• Employee Assistance Program
Note: Some benefits require an employee contribution to participate.
Full Job Description
Assist and support the Director of Revenue Cycle/CBO in the daily operations of the department. Supervise and oversee collections for all commercial carriers and is responsible for the timely collection of all claims while meeting the performance standards and goals of the department. Assess and make necessary changes to employee development and training initiatives; take an active role in direct mentoring; create an environment of mutual support among all CBO personnel. Manage workflow procedures to maximize efficiency. Follows all UMCP Compliance Program Standards.
Essential Job Functions:
• Supervises the workflow for designated staff
• Hires, trains and conducts performance evaluations
• Provides leadership, coaching, recognition, staff development, and
• Establishes priorities, workload, controls and work procedures
• Responsible for ensuring outstanding insurance claims, correspondence
and denials are resolved in a timely and professional manner in accordance
with departmental policies, procedures and performance goals
• Perform spot checks on staff performance to ensure quality and quantity of
work is appropriate
• Monitors aging to ensure prompt resolution to escalated insurance carrier
issues in accordance with departmental policies, procedures and generally
accepted accounting principles and all applicable laws, guidelines and
• Provides any type of reporting requested for manger/director
• Keeps and provides metrics for use in management of the above duties,
mitigation risk, as well as for statistical reporting to the manager/director
Knowledge of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Goal planning and judgement. Leadership ability and creativity. Effective communication skills in oral and written formats. Proficient with Microsoft Office.
High School diploma. Six (6) years of experience in medical billing with supervisory background. Experience in electronic billing systems.
Bachelor's degree in related field. Experience in implementing new systems.
Works in well-lighted, heated and ventilated building. Exposure to blood borne pathogens are of low risk. Hours of duty may be irregular.
Work is of medium demand; walking and sitting most of the time while on duty. Adequate hand/eye coordination and fine motor skills required. Visual acuity and writing skills necessary for factual documentation. Hours may vary to accommodate needs of the corporation.
Limitations and disclaimer:
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
UMC Health System provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
*Request for accommodations in the hire process should be directed to UMC Human Resources.*