Altru Health System
- 1200 South Columbia Road
When you join Altru Health System, you will join over 4,000 health professionals and support staff committed to caring for the region for more than 130 years.
- Competitive salary package, including comprehensive benefits, relocation and immigration allowance, and generous vacation and CME time off
- Paid malpractice insurance including tail coverage
- Research and academic opportunities
- Call schedules allowing for meaningful family time
- Excellent referral base from Altru primary care clinics
- No partnership buy-in costs
- New, state-of-the-art hospital scheduled to open in 2022
Altru Health System is a community-owned, integrated healthcare system with a Trauma II hospital, a specialty hospital, more than a dozen clinics in Grand Forks and the surrounding region, and a large home care network. More than 200 physicians are employed with Altru crossing 44 specialties and serving a referral population of over 225,000 residents in in northeast North Dakota and northwest Minnesota. As the first member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network, Altru’s providers have access to clinically integrated tools extending Mayo Clinic’s knowledge and expertise to patients.
Altru Family Medicine Residency offers teaching opportunities for residents and fellows in family practice, obstetrics, and sports medicine. Also located in Grand Forks, the University of North Dakota School of Medicine and Health Sciences offers research and teaching opportunities for medical students and general surgery residents.
*Video and rendering images provided by JLG Architects.Altru’s Bold New Era
As a regional-owned health system, Altru has provided outstanding healthcare for over 130 years. Our bold new era of care is our plan for the next 130 years and is our commitment to our region’s physical and economic health. This bold new era positions us as a medical destination, providing an economic boost that attracts new business and families looking for a vibrant place to call home. It also enables Altru to expand efforts in population health and engage with residents throughout their lives to keep them well.
By combining world-class facilities, technology and a new approach to patient care, we are meeting our patients’ changing needs and expectations and securing our region’s healthcare future for generations to come.Community Information
Grand Forks is a community of more than 55,000 residents located on the border of North Dakota and Minnesota. Low housing prices and income taxes, low crime rates and modest healthcare costs make it one of the safest and most affordable places to live, with cultural attractions including the North Dakota Museum of Art, Greater Grand Forks Symphony Orchestra, and Empire Arts Center. The north-flowing Red River and the 2,200-acre Greater Grand Forks Greenway provide year-round outdoor recreation in the heart of our community.
Grand Forks is home to the University of North Dakota (UND), a flagship liberal arts university and research college. UND houses a medical school, a law school, aerospace school, entrepreneurial program and many other experiential learning programs for a diverse and challenging educational experience.
Here are the top 5 reasons Grand Forks is a cooler place to call home:
- Our tight-knit community is the #1 reason S. Newsranks North Dakota as the state offering the best quality of life.
- With one of the best commute times in the U.S., our “rush hour” is measured in minutes – not hours.
- Our public and private educational systems are some of the best in the country. Whether you’re 5 or 55, we provide outstanding educational opportunities for students of all ages and needs.
- With a consistently low unemployment rate (<3%), Grand Forks is a hub for engineering, aerospace, energy, agriculture and healthcare.
- Whether you call it a big small town or small big town, Grand Forks has at least one of everything – including all four seasons.
[Resource: Grand Forks is Cooler]
To request additional information regarding this opportunity or to submit your CV, please contact:
Jenny Semling, Manager Physician Recruitment
1200 South Columbia Road | PO Box 6003
Grand Forks, ND 58201
701-780-6607 office | 701-741-0330 mobile