Welcome to Community Health of Central WA (CHCW), where we all work together to provide the people in our region access to affordable and appropriate healthcare through our services and education. Founded by our Family Medicine Residency program (CWFM) in 1993, CHCW has grown into an integrated health care model to include full spectrum primary care, pediatric, senior residential care, behavioral and addiction care, and dental serving the Yakima and Kittitas Counties at multiple sites.
Our Clinics and Services/Programs
- Central Washington Family Medicine Residency
- Central Washington Family Medicine
- Yakima Pediatrics
- Naches Medical Clinic
- Community Health of Central Washington - Ellensburg
- Highland Clinic
- Ellensburg Dental Care
- Senior and Residential Care
- Senior Smiles
- Connect (Opioid Dependency Treatment)
- Primary Care Behavioral Health
Who We Are
CHCW is committed to attract and retain a diverse staff. We honor your experiences, perspectives, and unique identity. Together, with our community, we strive to create and maintain working and learning environments that are inclusive, equitable, and welcoming.
Justice, Equity, Diversity, Inclusion (JEDI)
CHCW is in the position to become a Center of Excellence through the National Association of Community Health Centers by creating a Diversity and Equity office to create the most equitable/inclusive environment for our team members. Our outreach/population health team is focused on integrative solutions to reduce health inequities in our patient population. Our Resident Physicians will have opportunities for regional collaboration targeting health disparities, and the ability to mentor underrepresented undergraduates to pursue medical careers.
Our opportunities center around a philosophy of teaching, mission driven teams, PCMH level 3, updated clinical settings, and positive attitudes. We welcome you to join our family-like environment where work is rewarding and fun!COMMUNITY
- Central WA location has over 300 days of sunshine with 4 mild yet distinctive seasons.
- Area known for its wineries/vineyards, microbreweries, picturesque scenery with panoramic views of Mt. Adams and Mt. Rainier, fishing, camping, skiing, hunting, hiking, biking, water sports, boating, outdoor concerts, parks-including doggie parks, golfing, drive up espresso stands, and one of the top agricultural hubs in the nation.
- 2-3 hour drive to Seattle, Spokane, or Portland.
- Airports at Yakima and Pasco (Tri Cities).