Virginia Mason Franciscan Health is a leading health system in Washington state. Formed by the integration of two outstanding health systems — CHI Franciscan and Virginia Mason — Virginia Mason Franciscan Health offers a wealth of convenient hospital, clinic and care locations in western Washington.
With more than 18,000 team members and staff and nearly 5,000 employed physicians and affiliated providers, Virginia Mason Franciscan Health provides expert, compassionate medical care at 10 hospitals and nearly 300 care sites throughout the Puget Sound region.
Virginia Mason Franciscan Health has nearly 1,500 hospital beds and also includes Bailey-Boushay House, the first skilled-nursing and outpatient chronic care management program in the United States designed specifically to meet the needs of people with HIV/AIDS; Benaroya Research Institute, which is internationally recognized for autoimmune disease research; and Virginia Mason Institute, which trains health care professionals and others around the world in the Virginia Mason Production System, an innovative management method for improving quality and safety.
Virginia Mason Franciscan Health includes hospitals throughout Washington, including:
- St. Anne Hospital in Burien
- St. Anthony Hospital in Gig Harbor
- St. Clare Hospital in Lakewood
- St. Elizabeth Hospital in Enumclaw
- St. Francis Hospital in Federal Way
- St. Joseph Medical Center in Tacoma
- St. Michael Medical Center in Silverdale
- Virginia Mason Medical Center in Seattle
- Rehabilitation Hospital in Tacoma
- Wellfound Behavioral Health Hospital, Tacoma in Tacoma
Other facilities and services
Virginia Mason Franciscan Health offers a wide range of conveniently located clinics and specialty centers so you can get the care you need, when you need it, close to home.
- More than 300 care facilities across western Washington, including primary care clinics, specialty centers and same-day surgery sites
- Walk-in and urgent care locations for non-emergency medical care are open evenings, weekends and some holidays
- Virtual urgent care for minor medical issues, such as colds, flu and bladder infections, that can be addressed from the comfort of your home
- A regional network of primary care and specialty care clinics , doctors and other professional providers
- Center for Cardiovascular Health
- Center for Digestive Health
- Center for Neurosciences & Spine
- Dialysis centers
- Occupational health and rehabilitation
- Specialized women’s care, including breast health, pelvic health, gynecology and pregnancy and childbirth
- Orthopedics and sports medicine care
- Hospice & Palliative Care
- Care with listening, empathy and love
- Accompany and comfort those in need of healing
- Celebrate each person’s gifts and voice
- Respect the dignity of all
- Inspire trust through honesty
- Demonstrate courage in the face of inequity
- Serve with fullest passion, creativity and stewardship
- Exceed expectations of others and ourselves
- Commit to the power of working together
- Build and nurture meaningful relationships
Resting on the beautiful shores of the shimmering Puget Sound, Tacoma is a city comprised of several neighborhoods, each possessing their own set of unique characteristics. Since the late 1800s, Tacoma has been known as the “City of Destiny,” and many of its residents today still fondly refer to the largest city in Pierce County as such.
Large enough to offer variety but small enough to feel like home, Tacoma fosters a diverse range of people, places and pastimes. Top-notch parks provide space for play and relaxation, while a continually growing downtown scene offers fun dining and nightlife spots. An impressive selection of dynamic museums, three universities, and an expanding transportation system all show Tacoma’s unwavering dedication to growing and developing its already dynamic and colorful personality!
Centrally situated on the beautiful Puget Sound, many choose Tacoma for its ideal location. Tacoma’s northernmost tip begins at the expansive Point Defiance Park, and trails down along the waterfront to the east and the west, passing through a range of residential neighborhoods, urban hubs, and serene stretches of natural beauty. Commencement Bay spans from Downtown Tacoma to Browns Point, with the industrial Port of Tacoma bustling in between. And finally, highway I-5 runs north and south, connecting Tacoma to Seattle, Olympia, and Joint Base Lewis-McChord, while the Narrows Bridge in the west end joins Tacoma to Gig Harbor.
Learn more here.