Jack C. Montgomery VA Medical Center
- 1011 Honor Heights Drive
Department of Veterans Affairs offers Veterans the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the United States. We operate more than 1,400 sites of care, including 153 medical centers, 909 ambulatory and community-based outpatient clinics, 135 nursing homes, 232 Veterans centers, 47 readjustment counseling centers, and 108 comprehensive home-care programs, across all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and U.S.Territories.
More than 7.9 million Veterans, their family members, and survivors are enrolled in the VA Health System, with more than 6.3 million seeking treatment each year. Currently, that annual treatment involves 773,600 inpatient visits and 60 million outpatient visits. About 250,000 full-time employees and 90,000 health professional trainees work in interdisciplinary care teams to deliver those patient services daily.
VA's patient population crosses a wide spectrum of individuals, from elderly World War II Veterans, to baby boomer Vietnam Vets, to today's younger heroes who served during the Gulf War era and in the present day Operations Enduring Freedom and Iraqi Freedom. VA also serves a growing number of women Veterans, who currently account for seven percent of the total Veteran population.VA Benefits
Paid Time Off:
- 26 Days paid annual (vacation/personal) leave
- 13 Days paid sick leave each year with no limit on accumulation
- 10 paid Federal holidays per year
- 5 Days paid absence to attend approved CME courses
- Health Insurance: VA employees have an outstanding number of health insurance plans from which to choose (premiums are partially paid by VA) Lifetime Healthcare Insurance options available
- Dental & Vision: Our insurance options also include exceptional vision and dental plans (premiums are partially paid by VA)
- VA employees have the option to use Flexible Spending Accounts, which allow you to use tax-free dollars to pay for medical, dental, and vision care expenses that are not reimbursed by your health insurance plan
- Term life insurance, family, and additional coverage options are available with the cost shared by the Federal Government
- Long-term care insurance is available as an option
Federal Retirement Plan:
- VA employees are covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). FERS is a three-tiered retirement plan composed of 1) Social Security benefits, 2) FERS-RAE basic benefits (pension), and 3) Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is a 401K-type plan
- How is the pension funded? VA employees automatically contribute 4.4% of their salary each pay period and the VA contributes 8.3% of the employee’s salary each pay period for a total annual contribution percentage equal to 12.7% of the employee’s salary
- Similar to the 401(k) savings plans widely available in the private sector, the TSP allows employees to tax defer a portion of their income each year, subject to the requirements of the Internal Revenue Service. For calendar year 2020, employees under the age of 50 may contribute up to $19,500, while those over age 50 are eligible to make catch-up contributions that allow them to defer up to $25,500.
- The Federal Government also provides an automatic basic contribution (1% of salary) and up to 4% of salary in matching contributions, depending on the amount of the employee contribution
- For retired military personnel, these benefits are in addition to full monthly retirement pay or pension
- In addition to FERS, VA provides health care insurance coverage for retired personnel
- Disability Retirement
- Employees are vested in a federal pension after only 5 years’ service
The Veterans Healthcare Network Offers the Best Care and the Best Careers…By working for one of the largest health care systems in the Nation, you’ll have a wide range of practice settings, specialization opportunities, and leadership positions at your fingertips. Geography won’t even get in your way. Only one active, unrestricted state license is required to practice across our entire health care system. VA strives to offer employees a better quality of life, both on the job and off. You will be challenged as a member of our interdisciplinary care teams to achieve the most positive patient outcomes possible. Our care teams practice groundbreaking medicine, often treating patients with injuries rarely seen in the private sector. Additionally, VA invests in some of the most advanced medical technologies, including our lauded electronic patient record system and Bar Code Medication Administration system. In return for our employees’ dedication to exceptional patient care, we offer a robust benefits package that’s unmatched in the private sector.
The Jack C. Montgomery Veterans Affairs Medical Center is a primary medical and surgical facility located in Muskogee, OK, that provides a broad range of inpatient and outpatient healthcare services. Outpatient care is also provided at two community based outpatient clinics in Hartshorne and Tulsa, OK. The medical center serves a veteran population of more than 56,400 throughout eastern Oklahoma providing medical, surgical, primary care, and mental health services. It has 91 hospital beds. It is offers an academic setting affiliated with the University of Oklahoma’s College of Medicine and the Oklahoma State University’s College of Osteopathic Medicine hosting residents and Interns within the facility. The medical center also provides training for other disciplines, including physical therapy, nursing, radiation technology, phlebotomy, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, social work, optometry, and psychology. With 4 active research projects in 2008, the Medical Center Research & Development Program is an integral part of the medical center’s mission and plays a very important role in the health care Veterans receive. The Jack C. Montgomery Veterans Affairs Medical Center is providing “The Best Care” to our Veterans, and “The Best Careers” to our Healthcare Professionals…Join us!
What makes Muskogee a great city to live in… Muskogee was thrust onto the world stage when country music star Merle Haggard recorded the hit song “Okie from Muskogee”, an ode to “livin’ right and bein’ free.” Nearly 40 years later, spending time in Muskogee is still about living right in a classic, free and easy western atmosphere. Located two hours east of Oklahoma City, Muskogee is a place where you’ll find more than just small town, southern charm. Take a few minutes to browse the site listed below and discover the “Best of Muskogee” including the world famous Oklahoma Azalea Festival, the Oklahoma Music Hall of Fame, one of the world’s largest and most spectacular Renaissance Festivals, some of the region’s best restaurants, stunning parks and Oklahoma’s best antique shopping. So sit back, kick off your boots and stay a while as we showcase Muskogee’s “Hall of Fame” attractions and activities.