About Jackson Hospital
Jackson Hospital attributes:
- A regional healthcare leader serving the area since 1946; licensed for 344 beds.
- One of the most modern physical plants in the state.
- An active medical staff of 175 physicians; total medical staff of 350 physicians.
- Known in the area for its outstanding programs in cardiology and cardiac surgery, orthopedics/sports medicine, obstetrics and gynecology, neurosurgery, and robotic surgery.
- Large market share in surgical and cardiovascular care
- Desirable sunbelt location and the capital of Alabama.
- Population approximately 350,000 in the greater metropolitan area and 225,000 in Montgomery County.
- Ninety miles to Birmingham, 165 miles to Atlanta, 45 miles to Lake Martin and 175 miles to the beautiful beaches on the Gulf Coast.
- Abundant recreational and cultural opportunities, regional trade and transportation hub, diversified manufacturing base, and home to a major U.S. Air Force base and training facility.
- Four 4-year colleges and universities in Montgomery and state's two largest universities within easy driving distance.
- Little managed care, strong economy, affordable cost of living, great climate and friendly people.