- 400 W. Mineral King Ave
KAWEAH HEALTH MEDICAL CENTER is the largest hospital in Tulare County and the only hospital in Visalia. We offer a variety of services including comprehensive cardiac care, open heart surgery, neurosurgery, minimally invasive operations, and more.
- Service area covers Tulare and Kings counties – 600k+ population
- 613-Beds; Level III Trauma Center and Stroke Center
- 5k deliveries annually; Valley Children’s provides NICU and Pediatric inpatient coverage
- 74-Bed ED with 95k+ visits annually
- Opportunity to care for a large underserved population
- Affiliated with Cleveland Clinic Heart and Vascular Institute
- Healthgrades 2020 - America’s 250 Best Hospitals
- Healthgrades 50 Best Cardiac Surgery Programs in America 2018-2021
- Healthgrades America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Critical Care Award 2020-2021
- Healthgrades America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Pulmonary Care Award 2014-2021
- Other Honors & Accreditations
Graduate Medical Education - Kaweah Delta is home to 6 residency programs: Anesthesia, Family Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Psychiatry, General Surgery, and Transitional Year.Living Here
Visalia, CA is located in the heart of the Central Valley and is referred to as the Gateway to the Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks. Conveniently located between San Francisco and Los Angeles, Visalia is known for its rich agriculture, delicious dining, and its warm and welcoming small town charm. Visalia offers the unique combination of affordable housing, easy commute to work, a family friendly community and economic opportunity.
There are an average of 275 sunny days per year in Visalia! In the summer, temperatures range from the upper 90's during the daytime and drop to the low 80's in the evening. Our winter climate is mild. The average temperature in the early mornings and evenings is in the low 40's and during the daytime in the upper 50's.
In addition to our central location and California weather, there are also a wide-array of activities locally that you'll have easy access to enjoy. There are several lakes, two major rivers and reservoirs for fishing and boating. Three major ski resorts also are nearby, offering some of California's best downhill and cross-country skiing.