PA/APRN Baptist Health Corbin
- Bachelor’s degree and successful completion of accredited APC program. Terminal degree in APC field preferred.
- National certification from the appropriate national certifying agency for the particular APC.
- Must maintain national certification.
- Eligible at all times to be insured for professional liability.
- Current valid and unrestricted license to practice as an APC in the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
- BCLS required through the American Heart Association.
- ACLS as required for position
The Baptist Health Medical Group (BHMG) APC reflects the mission, vision, and values of BHMG adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The APC functions autonomously and collaborates with other health professionals to provide high quality, cost effective care to patients, manages health care systems and influence health care decision-making through expert clinical reasoning, research, theory-based practice. The APC is responsible for providing direct patient care as part of the physician led team in accordance with State Law and approved Medical Staff privileges.Incentive Overview
- Employment with Baptist Health qualifies for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- PSLF Eligible Employer
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Retirement savings plans — 401K and 457(b)
- Paid CME/licensure and malpractice insurance/tail coverage
- EPIC (Gold Star 9 level)- electronic health record system integrated throughout all hospital and practice locations
- Advanced Technology capabilities including DAX
Baptist Health ranks in 150 top places to work in healthcare, according to Becker's Hospital Review
- Multispecialty physician-led medical group
- 8 hospitals with over 1,500 providers, including 800 physicians and more than 700 advanced practice clinicians.
- Comprehensive administrative and operations support teams
- Physician leadership councils
- APC Mentorship program
- Top 10% in the country for quality clinical outcomes.
Baptist Health Corbin, a 273-bed acute and skilled care facility, provides a broad spectrum of healthcare services to residents of Whitley, Knox, Laurel, Bell, Clay, McCreary and Harlan counties and Jellico, Tennessee.
Baptist Health Corbin is a vital part of its community, with outreach and education programs to address conditions such as diabetes, cancer and heart disease.
In addition to inpatient and outpatient medical and surgical care, services include:
- Adult psychiatry
- Ambulatory care
- Breast Care Center
- Baptist Health Family Fitness
- Diagnostic imaging
- Cardiopulmonary services
- Emergency Department
- Heart care
- Nursery and Level II Nursery
- Occupational health
- Outpatient specialty clinics in pediatric surgery, thoracic/cardiovascular surgery, neurology/neurosurgery, allergy, rheumatology, dermatology and ear, nose and throat
- Outpatient diagnostic center – first in the region
- Physical Rehabilitation Center
- Surgical services
- Women’s Health Center
Baptist Health has a network of healthcare providers for patients in the Southeast Kentucky area – from Baptist Health Medical Group offices, to Baptist Urgent Care and Baptist Express Care inside Walmart stores.
Baptist Health Corbin provides clinical training opportunities for local and regional colleges and universities, including an on-campus associate degree in nursing program with Lincoln Memorial University. This program makes it possible for Southeastern Kentuckians to stay at home and earn nursing degrees.About Corbin
- Population – 7,325
- The cost of living is consistently below average.
- Over the course of the year, the temperature typically varies from 28°F to 86°F and is rarely below 12°F or above 92°F. Summers are warm and winters are short.
- Located just off Interstate 75, between Lexington, Kentucky, and Knoxville, Tennessee, Corbin, has made history as the birthplace of Kentucky Fried Chicken
- Corbin has much to offer the outdoor enthusiast. Close proximity to two lakes: Laurel Lake and Lake Cumberland. Corbin is home to the Daniel Boone National Forest, it is home to Cumberland Falls State Resort Park, which boasts the Western hemisphere’s only “Moonbow.” Two other parks are conveniently located just miles from Corbin: Pine Mountain State Resort Park and Levi Jackson Wilderness Road State Park
- Located just off Interstate 75, between Lexington, Kentucky, and Knoxville, Tennessee, Knoxville TN: 1hr 24 min; Lexington KY: 1hr 28min; International Airport: Louisville International: 2hr 23min
Click here for more information on Corbin, KY.
HPSA Score: 23
EEO Statement: Baptist Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, and seeks to employ individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, religious or political beliefs, protected veteran status, employment status or any other protected class identified in any federal, state, or local law. Baptist Health specifically encourages minority, female, disabled, veteran and other candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply and strengthen our team. Please note that Baptist Health is a drug-free workplace and employment with Baptist Health is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing.
NOTICE OF NONDISCRIMINATION AND ACCESSIBILITY TO SERVICES
Persons with hearing and speech impairments can contact Baptist Health facilities by using the Kentucky Relay Service, a toll-free telecommunication device for the deaf (TDD). For voice to TDD, call 800.648.6057. For TDD to voice, call 800.648.6056.