- Bachelor’s degree and successful completion of accredited APC program. Terminal degree in APC field preferred.
- National certification from the appropriate national certifying agency for the particular APC.
- Must maintain national certification.
- Eligible at all times to be insured for professional liability.
- Current valid and unrestricted license to practice as an APC in the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
- BCLS required through the American Heart Association.
- ACLS as required for position
The Baptist Health Medical Group (BHMG) APC reflects the mission, vision, and values of BHMG adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The APC functions autonomously and collaborates with other health professionals to provide high quality, cost effective care to patients, manages health care systems and influence health care decision-making through expert clinical reasoning, research, theory-based practice. The APC is responsible for providing direct patient care as part of the physician led team in accordance with State Law and approved Medical Staff privileges.Incentive Overview
- Competitive compensation and benefits package - Up to $200,000 in recruiting incentives including starting bonus, student loan repayment, residency/fellowship stipend, relocation/moving allowance, CMEallowance and malpractice insurance/tail coverage provided
- Two-year income guarantee with opportunity for additional productivity and quality bonuses
- Generous time off (7+ weeks per year for full time physicians)
- Complimentary Professional Student Loan Debt Repayment Advising
- PSLF Eligible Employer
- Physician Mentorship Pathway for growth and development
- EPIC (Gold Star 9 level)- electronic health record system integrated throughout all hospital and practice locations
- Advanced Technology capabilities including DAX
- Immigration support by experienced Immigration attorney, if needed
- On-site Daycare Available
Baptist Health ranks in 150 top places to work in healthcare, according to Becker's Hospital Review
- Multispecialty physician-led medical group
- 8 hospitals with over 1,500 providers, including 800 physicians and more than 700 advanced practice clinicians.
- Comprehensive administrative and operations support teams
- Physician leadership councils
- Top 10% in the country for quality clinical outcomes.
Baptist Health Paducah is a 373-bed regional medical and referral center, serving about 200,000 patients a year from four states. The hospital provides a full range of services, including cardiac and cancer care, diagnostic imaging, women’s and children’s services, surgery, emergency treatment, rehabilitation, transitional care, weight management and wound care. The main campus covers eight square blocks, plus off-site outpatient rehab, occupational medicine, primary care, school clinics, imaging and lab. Overall, Baptist Hospital Paducah offers 20 points of care to make healthcare more convenient for area residents.
Baptist Health Paducah has about 2,000 employees, making it one of the region’s largest employers; and about 260 physicians representing more than 40 medical specialties. The Baptist Health Foundation Paducah supports needed services, facilities and other areas of growth. The hospital opened in 1953 as Western Baptist Hospital and changed its name in early 2013, along with other facilities in Baptist Health, one of the largest not-for-profit healthcare systems in Kentucky.
The hospital has earned Pathway to Excellence designation for excellence in nursing services by the American Nursing Credentialing Center.About Paducah
- Paducah's population including McCracken County is about 95,000 residents
- Paducah is a United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) designed Creative City in the field of Crafts and Folks Art (1 of 2 in the United States)
- Trendy downtown with unique restaurants, shops, and farmer’s market
- Easy access to state parks, including two of the nation’s largest man-made lakes (Lake Barkley and Land Between the Lakes) offering boating, fishing, and hiking
- $44 million Performing Art Center which houses Broadway shows and concerts
- Nationally recognized artist district
- Named one of the Top 100 Communities for Young People which starts with excellent public and private schools
- Nashville, TN is a 2 hour drive and St. Louis, MO is a 2.5 hour drive
- Jet service from Paducah to Chicago (twice daily) from Paducah Barkley Regional Airport
- Recognized as the US capitol of quilting
Click here for more information about Paducah, KY.
HPSA Score: 15
EEO Statement: Baptist Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, and seeks to employ individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, religious or political beliefs, protected veteran status, employment status or any other protected class identified in any federal, state, or local law. Baptist Health specifically encourages minority, female, disabled, veteran and other candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply and strengthen our team. Please note that Baptist Health is a drug-free workplace and employment with Baptist Health is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing.
Immigration Support, if needed; complimentary legal counseling by experienced Immigration attorneys; visa waivers processed through Delta Regional Authority
NOTICE OF NONDISCRIMINATION AND ACCESSIBILITY TO SERVICES
Persons with hearing and speech impairments can contact Baptist Health facilities by using the Kentucky Relay Service, a toll-free telecommunication device for the deaf (TDD). For voice to TDD, call 800.648.6057. For TDD to voice, call 800.648.6056.