- Bachelor’s degree and successful completion of accredited APC program. Terminal degree in APC field preferred.
- National certification from the appropriate national certifying agency for the particular APC.
- Must maintain national certification.
- Eligible at all times to be insured for professional liability.
- Current valid and unrestricted license to practice as an APC in the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
- BCLS required through the American Heart Association.
- ACLS as required for position
The Baptist Health Medical Group (BHMG) APC reflects the mission, vision, and values of BHMG adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The APC functions autonomously and collaborates with other health professionals to provide high quality, cost effective care to patients, manages health care systems and influence health care decision-making through expert clinical reasoning, research, theory-based practice. The APC is responsible for providing direct patient care as part of the physician led team in accordance with State Law and approved Medical Staff privileges.Incentive Overview
- Competitive compensation and benefits package - Up to $200,000 in recruiting incentives including starting bonus, student loan repayment, residency/fellowship stipend, relocation/moving allowance, CMEallowance and malpractice insurance/tail coverage provided
- Two-year income guarantee with opportunity for additional productivity and quality bonuses
- Generous time off (7+ weeks per year for full time physicians)
- Complimentary Professional Student Loan Debt Repayment Advising and PSLF Eligible Employer
- PSLF Eligible Employer
- Physician Mentorship Pathway for growth and development
- EPIC (Gold Star 9 level)- electronic health record system integrated throughout all hospital and practice locations
- Advanced Technology capabilities including DAX
- Immigration support by experienced Immigration attorney, if needed
Baptist Health ranks in 150 top places to work in healthcare, according to Becker's Hospital Review
- Multispecialty physician-led medical group
- 8 hospitals with over 1,500 providers, including 800 physicians and more than 700 advanced practice clinicians.
- Comprehensive administrative and operations support teams
- Physician leadership councils
- Top 10% in the country for quality clinical outcomes.
Richmond is the sixth largest city in Kentucky with a population of about 35,000 residents. You are able to enjoy suburban life in a charming college town, home to Eastern Kentucky University, with a great school system. You will get the benefits of a small community, while having access to the city: 20 minutes from Lexington and 1 hour from Louisville. You can boat on Laurel Lake and attend a UK basketball game within the same afternoon. In the heart of Kentucky and on the heels of Appalachian region, you will have Keeneland, Red River Gorge, the Bourbon Trail, and all things Kentucky in your backyard. Richmond, Kentucky is a place you must see for yourself!
Click here to learn more about Richmond, KY.
HPSA Score: 14
EEO Statement: Baptist Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, and seeks to employ individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, religious or political beliefs, protected veteran status, employment status or any other protected class identified in any federal, state, or local law. Baptist Health specifically encourages minority, female, disabled, veteran and other candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply and strengthen our team. Please note that Baptist Health is a drug-free workplace and employment with Baptist Health is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing.
NOTICE OF NONDISCRIMINATION AND ACCESSIBILITY TO SERVICES
Persons with hearing and speech impairments can contact Baptist Health facilities by using the Kentucky Relay Service, a toll-free telecommunication device for the deaf (TDD). For voice to TDD, call 800.648.6057. For TDD to voice, call 800.648.6056.