- 1 Wyoming Street
Miami Valley Hospital is the largest health care provider in the Dayton area with 990 staffed beds. In the Dayton area:
- Only Level I Trauma Center
- First High-Risk Maternity and Level III neonatal intensive care unit in the same facility
- Only Adult Burn Center
- CareFlight Air and Mobile ICU ambulance service
- Comprehensive gynecological oncology program
- Comprehensive Stroke Center
- Award-winning neuroscience program
- Area's largest center for emergency heart care, angioplasty for heart attack patients, structural heart and Watchman procedures
- Area's first robotic surgery program, including the Brethern Center, a training center for surgeons and residents
The hospital is served by 6,200 employees and 1,350 physicians in 69 primary and specialty medical practice areas. It holds Magnet Status in nursing, along with all the Premier Health Facilities. Ranked 4th among Ohio Hospitals in the 2018 U.S. News & World Report rankings, highest in southwest Ohio; named one of the nation's top 100 hospitals by IBM Watson Health and received Distinguished Hospital Aware for Clinical Excellence from HealthGrades for 5th consecutive year.
Miami Valley Hospital is a member of Premier Health, with two additional campuses at Miami Valley Hospital North in Englewood, and Miami Valley Hospital South in Centerville.About Premier Health
Based in Dayton, Ohio, Premier Health provides
- Services to patients throughout a nine-county region
- Operates five hospitals; Miami Valley Hospital, Miami Valley North Hospital, Miami Valley South Hospital, Atrium Medical Center and Upper Valley Medical Center
- Offers large primary and specialty care network along with home health services
- Second largest employer in the region with over 14,000 employees and 2,300 physicians
- Largest healthcare system in Southwest Ohio
Dayton is among U.S. News and World Report's 2016 "Best Places to Live"
As the birthplace of aviation the sky is certainly the limit when it comes to the endless quality of life amenities that the Dayton area has to offer. Among the many reason why the greater Dayton area is your destination are diverse neighborhoods, great school systems, superior healthcare and a host of leisure activities.
Dayton boasts culturally rich museums and visual art centers – The Dayton Art Institute and the Boonshoft Museum of Discovery to name two- and the Dayton Area recently celebrated the grand opening of the Schuster Performing Arts Center. The venue hosts performances, exhibits, and events from first class world touring groups and popular community organizations such as the Dayton Philharmonic Orchestra, the Dayton Opera, and the Dayton Ballet.
The United States Air Force Museum, the oldest and largest military and aviation museum in the country, features a fascinating collection of both modern and old-fashioned flight apparatus.