Rio Grande Regional Hospital
- 101 East Ridge Road
Serving area residents since 1982, Rio Grande Regional Hospital (www.RioHealth.com) is a full-service acute care hospital offering all major specialties. A recent $65 million expansion added a five-story tower which increased capacity from 201 to 320 beds, and included the addition of state-of-the-art diagnostic, imaging and treatment equipment and technology to maintain the hospital's commitment to excellence. The hospital has been rated among the top 5% of all hospitals in the country for overall clinical performance.
- A leading edge, modern emergency department with Level III trauma center is located at the main hospital. Two community-based, 24-hour ERs also serve McAllen/Mission and Edinburg.
- A full-service cardiovascular care department offers full-scope treatment of events like heart attack and stroke to the treatment of underlying heart and peripheral vascular diseases.
- The Texas Transplant Institute (TTI) satellite program provides convenient and comfortable care to local patients in need of stem cell transplants.
- Diabetes management services offers a range of services including ongoing care to support groups and self-management classes.
- RGRH provides on-site imaging services and 24-hour laboratory services, including two community-based outpatient labs.