MD/DO - Hematology/Oncology- Appleton, WI
At ThedaCare, the vision of our Cancer Care program is centered on partnering with our patients and their families to provide them world class care, close to home. If you are looking to join a team-based collaborative cancer care program as a BE/BC Hematologist Oncologist and share a similar vision, we'd like to hear from you!
- Join our growing team of 8 Oncologists and 15 Advanced Practice Providers
- Team Based Clinical practice in partnership with a dedicated Advanced Practice Provider, RN, MA, scheduler and access on site infusion RN team
- Disease specific areas of focus, with new consults structured based on your professional interests
- Dedicated care coordination time in support of your patient care administrative needs
- Growing Research Program- grant funded through NCI (National Cancer Institute) Access to Precision Medicine and Clinical Trial Office resources
- Interdisciplinary Disease Specific Centers of Excellence (with administrative support for specialized Tumor Boards, Accreditation, and Outcomes Based Tracking and Reporting)
- Advanced Radiation Therapy technology and therapeutic services, with access to multi-modal imaging and specialty MD expertise
- Centralized Cancer Center leaders and staff working directly with you to manage your practice (High performance Tumor Registry Team; Front Office Operations to manage referrals, scheduling and financial clearance needs; Cancer Navigation, Genetics, Social Work/Behavioral Health Services; Lodging & Transportation support for your patients under an annual ACS grant- all among many services offered)
- EPIC EMR used throughout health system
- Income Details: Competitive base salary plus value based incentives
- Excellent Sign-On Bonus!
- Other Benefits:
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Malpractice, Paid Tail Coverage & WI Patient Compensation Fund
- Licensing/Board Fees Reimbursement
- Retirement Plans: 403b with a company match and 457b with a company contribution
- Legal Plan Option
- Eligible to sponsor H1-B visas and green cards
The Fox Cities of Wisconsin includes Appleton, Neenah, and Menasha, and is comprised of a total of 19 unique communities positioned along the scenic Fox River and Lake Winnebago. This area offers the charm, safety, and convenience of small town life, with the diversity and vitality of a metropolitan area.
The Fox Valley is the proud home of notable school systems, colleges, and is known across Wisconsin as THE place for shopping. Downtown Appleton, the Fox River Mall and many other retail destinations are a draw for shoppers from all over Wisconsin and beyond. In addition, the region features vibrant cultural venues, a year-round calendar of exciting events, one-of-a-kind museums and fantastic outdoor recreation.
The Fox Valley is a community where live music, art, and creativity thrives. There are many events throughout the year to partake in, such as Mile of Music, Octoberfest, night markets, marathons, Art on the Town, summer concerts, outdoor movies, parades, weekly Farmer's Market events, and more.
Appleton International Airport located in Appleton, and Austin Straubel Airport in Green Bay offer modern facilities and convenient access to all the Midwest hubs. A few additional airport hubs in the region are Central Wisconsin Airport in Mosinee, General Mitchell International Airport in Milwaukee, and Dane County Regional Airport in Madison.
Modern, interstate highway systems provide quick, easy access to larger metropolitan areas:
- Distance to Green Bay: 30 miles
- Distance to Milwaukee: 107 miles
- Distance to Madison: 106 miles
- Distance to Chicago, IL: 197 miles
- Distance to Minneapolis, MN: 285 miles
ThedaCare is a community-owned, non-profit health system consisting of seven hospitals and 30+ primary care clinics, comprising of 225 primary care providers, serving 14 counties with a population of 1,236,305 and a projected growth rate of 1.3% by the year 2023. ThedaCare is a Next Generation ACO with 900 provider affiliates. In addition, we offer services with ThedaCare At Work, ThedaCare At Home, and other healthcare services.
- Hospital Locations:
- ThedaCare Regional Medical Center-Appleton,147 Bed Acute Care, Level III Trauma Center
- ThedaCare Regional Medical Center-Neenah, 151 Bed Acute Care, Level II Trauma Center
- ThedaCare Medical Center-New London, 25 Bed Critical Access
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Waupaca, 25 Bed Critical Access
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Shawano, 25 Bed Critical Access
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Berlin, 25 Bed Critical Access
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Wild Rose, 25 Bed Critical Access
ThedaCare is the third largest employer in Northeast Wisconsin with about 6,800 employees.
Through our 100-year history, ThedaCare has woven itself into the very fabric of the communities we serve. For our employees, ThedaCare offers an environment that not only welcomes but also encourages innovative thinking and fresh approaches to today’s health care challenges.
We’re on a mission to improve the health and well-being of the communities we serve, empowering individuals to live their best lives. As one of the leading nonprofit providers in Northeast and Central Wisconsin, ThedaCare is dedicated to compassionate, effective care for everyone. Our team of skilled experts is committed to supporting our local community through innovative care techniques, educational resources, clinical research and a patient-first approach.
This job posting is available in other languages besides English free of charge. Please contact the ThedaCare Employment Center to make your request at 920-830-5800 and then prompt “1”. ThedaCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ThedaCare complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, medical condition, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
- Appleton Area School District
- Appleton Catholic Education System
- Appleton Best Place to Live in US
- The Building for Kids Children's Museum
- Catalpa Health
- City of Neenah
- Fox Cities Chamber of Commerce
- Fox Cities-Greater Appleton
- Fox Cities Performing Arts Center
- Fox Valley Lutheran High School
- Greenville Elementary School
- Hortonville Area School District
- Kimberly Area School District
- Menasha School District
- New North
- Neenah School District
- Twin City Catholic Education
- YMCA of the Fox Cities
- Appleton International Airport
- Austin Straubel Airport - Green Bay, WI
- Central Wisconsin Airport
- Dane County Regional Airport
- General Mitchell International Airport