MD/DO - Internal Medicine - Appleton
ThedaCare, a successful northeast Wisconsin non-profit health system, seeks a BE/BC Internal Medicine physician for its Appleton or Neenah location to provide Outpatient Internal Medicine services. This is a great opportunity for a new or experienced physician to grow their practice with a reputable group in an integrated facility.
- Full-time (4 or 4.5 days/week option) – 32 contact hours/week
- Hours: 7am-5pm
- May participate with e-visits
- Call is manageable with an ‘at home’ rotation of 1:8. The Appleton clinic providers share call with Neenah IM clinic providers, and ThedaCare-On-Call (nurse triage service) screens all calls before transferring them to the on-call physician. The hospitalist team manages all admissions
- Outpatient clinic visits only. No hospital rounds.
- Income Details: This is an employed position with a guaranteed salary for 2 years. After the 2 year guarantee, physician goes onto the compensation plan which is based on RVU's, as well as other quality components.
- Signing Bonus
- Vacation: Time Off 35 days, including vacation, CME, and holidays
- CME: $4,500/year
- Call Coverage: 1:8 (over the phone)
- Other Benefits:
- Long Term & Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Malpractice & WI Patient Compensation Fund
- Licensing/Board Fees
- 403b and 457b Retirement Savings Plans
- Legal Plan Option
The Fox Cities of Wisconsin includes Appleton, Neenah, and Menasha, and is comprised of a total of 18 unique communities positioned along the scenic Fox River and Lake Winnebago. This area offers the charm, safety, and convenience of small town life, with the diversity and vitality of a metropolitan area.
The Fox Valley is the proud home of notable school systems, colleges, and is known across Wisconsin as THE place for shopping. Downtown Appleton, the Fox River Mall and many other retail destinations are a draw for shoppers from all over Wisconsin and beyond. In addition, the region features vibrant cultural venues, a year-round calendar of exciting events, one-of-a-kind museums and fantastic outdoor recreation.
The Fox Valley is a community where live music, art, and creativity thrives. There are many events throughout the year to partake in, such as Mile of Music, Octoberfest, night markets, marathons, Art on the Town, summer concerts, outdoor movies, parades, weekly Farmer's Market events, and more.
Appleton International Airport located in Appleton, and Austin Straubel Airport in Green Bay offer modern facilities and convenient access to all the Midwest hubs. A few additional airport hubs in the region are Central Wisconsin Airport in Mosinee, General Mitchell International Airport in Milwaukee, and Dane County Regional Airport in Madison.
Modern, interstate highway systems provide quick, easy access to larger metropolitan areas:
- Distance to Green Bay: 30 miles
- Distance to Milwaukee: 107 miles
- Distance to Madison: 106 miles
- Distance to Chicago, IL: 197 miles
- Distance to Minneapolis, MN: 285 miles
- Appleton Area School District
- Appleton Catholic Education System
- Appleton International Airport
- Appleton Ranked 24th Best Place to Live - Money Magazine Top 50
- Austin Straubel International Airport - Green Bay, WI
- The Building for Kids Children's Museum
- Catalpa Health
- Central Wisconsin Airport
- City of Appleton
- City of Neenah
- Dane County Regional Airport
- Fox Cities Chamber of Commerce
- Fox Cities Life Study
- Fox Cities Performing Arts Center
- Fox Valley Lutheran High School
- General Mitchell International Airport
- Greenville Elementary School
- Hortonville Area School District
- Kimberly Area School District
- Menasha School District
- New North
- Neenah School District
- Twin City Catholic Education
- YMCA of the Fox Cities
ThedaCare is a community-owned, non-profit health system consisting of seven hospitals and 30+ ,,,,,,primary care clinics, comprising of 225 primary care providers, serving 14 counties with a population of 1,236,305 and a projected growth rate of 1.3% by the year 2023. ThedaCare is a Next Generation ACO with 900 provider affiliates. In addition, we offer services with ThedaCare At Work, ThedaCare At Home, and other healthcare services. ,,,,,,
- Hospital Locations:
- ThedaCare Regional Medical Center-Appleton, ,,,,,,147 Bed Acute Care
- ThedaCare Regional Medical Center-Neenah, 151 Bed Acute Care, Level II Trauma Center
- ThedaCare Medical Center-New London, 25 Bed Critical Access
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Waupaca, 25 Bed Critical Access
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Shawano, 25 Bed Critical Access
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Berlin, 25 Bed Critical Access
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Wild Rose, 25 Bed Critical Access
ThedaCare is the third largest employer in Northeast Wisconsin with ,,,,,,about 6,800 employees. ,,,,,,
Through our 100-year history, ThedaCare has woven itself into the very fabric of the communities we serve. For our employees, ThedaCare offers an environment that not only welcomes but also encourages innovative thinking and fresh approaches to today’s health care challenges.
We’ve improved the health of thousands of individuals. We know this because we track our quality and constantly seek to improve our care and services for the members of our communities.
ThedaCare is the first healthcare system in Wisconsin to be selected as a Mayo Clinic Care Network member.
This job posting is available in other languages besides English free of charge. ,,,,,, Please contact the ThedaCare Employment Center to make your request at 920-830-5800 and then prompt “1”. ,,,,,, ThedaCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ,,,,,, ThedaCare complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, medical condition, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.