MD/DO - Endocrinology - Neenah, WI
ThedaCare, a non-profit health system in Northeast Wisconsin, is seeking a BE/BC Endocrinologist to join our provider group at ThedaCare Regional Medical Center-Neenah
- 36 contact hours per week (flexible with schedule- 4 or 5 day work week)
- Hospital-based clinic, allowing for collaboration with providers of various specialties
- Team consists of two physicians, two APC's, RN's, MA's.
- Outpatient clinic model
- Ultrasound-guided fine needle biopsies
ThedaCare’s Endocrinology Service Line is building a Diabetes Center of Excellence. Our comprehensive model of diabetic care model is grounded in six (6) pillars that serve as our guiding principles for developing expertise in diabetes care and delivering exceptional outcomes for our diabetic patient population.
- Team-based care with a focus on high-risk individuals;
- Coordination of care and communication across our medical community to help guide care;
- Comprehensive care including Diabetes and Endocrinology subspecialties;
- Culture of continuous learning and quality improvement;
- Evidenced-based care and education on best practices;
- Diabetic population health and outcome assessment;
Our Diabetic Care Team provides diabetes self-management education to new and existing patients, and instructions for the administration of injectable medications; utilizes leading diabetes-related technologies (e.g., meters, insulin pumps, continuous glucose monitoring); downloads and analyzes glycemic data at the point of care and between visits to guide timely modification of therapy when indicated; discusses diet, exercise, and medication use in relation to patient lifestyles; addresses management-related phone calls, e-mails, and texts in a timely manner; provides effective professional mental health and social support, including identification and access to community resources; provides professional education to ThedaCare providers and acros our service area; educates family members on how to help with improving outcomes; and sorts out insurance issues for medication pre-authorizations according to tiers of coverage.
ThedaCare is a population-health focused organization with over 1,300 providers across all specialties providing clinically integrated care as part of our ThedaCare ACO. Our Endocrinology Service Line collaborates with over 200 primary care providers in the management of our diabetic patients and endocrinological disorders.
- Income Details: Competitive Base Salary + RVU production
- Signing Bonus: Generous sign-on bonus offered!
- Vacation: Time Off 35 days including vacation and CME
- CME: $4,500/year
- Other Benefits:
- Long Term & Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Malpractice, Paid Tail Coverage & WI Patient Compensation Fund
- Licensing/Board Fees
- Retirement Plans: 403b with a company match and 457b with a company contribution
- Legal Plan Option
ThedaCare Regional Medical Center-Neenah is located in Neenah in the heart of the Fox River Valley. This 150-bed hospital includes:
- ACS Level II Trauma Center, including a dedicated Chest Pain Center, and 24/7 staffing with board certified emergency medicine physicians.
- ThedaStar, a helicopter-based response service for all of Northeastern Wisconsin.
- ThedaCare Hospitalist Program- 24/7 hospitalist coverage
- The Stroke Center, which is the only Primary Stroke Center certified by the Joint Commission in Northeast Wisconsin.
- Specialized Neurology/Neurosurgery Unit, which includes nurses who receive additional certification in Caring for Neurology/Neurosurgery patients.
- The Center of Rehabilitation Services, which offers treatment for trauma, stroke, orthopedic, and patients with neuromuscular conditions.
- The Aylward Surgery Center,an on-site outpatient surgery center with four surgical suites, two procedure rooms, and a cystoscopy room.
- Inpatient Behavioral Health Unit, a 19-bed unit with 24/7 staffing and a dedicated "Psychiatric Intensive Care" area, as well as detox beds.
Also attached to ThedaCare Regional Medical Center-Neenah is The Children's Hospital of Wisconsin-Fox Valley. Although not staffed by ThedaCare, there is a strong partnership. Children's Hospital has a regional level III neonatal intensive care nursery whose affiliated medical staff includes a perinatologist, a pediatrician, and a neonatologist.
The Fox Cities of Wisconsin includes Appleton, Neenah, and Menasha, and is comprised of a total of 18 unique communities positioned along the scenic Fox River and Lake Winnebago. This area offers the charm, safety, and convenience of small town life, with the diversity and vitality of a metropolitan area.
The Fox Valley is the proud home of notable school systems, colleges, and is known across Wisconsin as THE place for shopping. Downtown Appleton, the Fox River Mall and many other retail destinations are a draw for shoppers from all over Wisconsin and beyond. In addition, the region features vibrant cultural venues, a year-round calendar of exciting events, one-of-a-kind museums and fantastic outdoor recreation.
The Fox Valley is a community where live music, art, and creativity thrives. There are many events throughout the year to partake in, such as Mile of Music, Octoberfest, night markets, marathons, Art on the Town, summer concerts, outdoor movies, parades, weekly Farmer's Market events, and more.
Appleton International Airport located in Appleton, and Austin Straubel Airport in Green Bay offer modern facilities and convenient access to all the Midwest hubs. A few additional airport hubs in the region are Central Wisconsin Airport in Mosinee, General Mitchell International Airport in Milwaukee, and Dane County Regional Airport in Madison.
Modern, interstate highway systems provide quick, easy access to larger metropolitan areas:
- Distance to Green Bay: 30 miles
- Distance to Milwaukee: 107 miles
- Distance to Madison: 106 miles
- Distance to Chicago, IL: 197 miles
- Distance to Minneapolis, MN: 285 miles
ThedaCare is a community-owned, non-profit health system consisting of seven hospitals and 30+ ,,,,,,primary care clinics, comprising of 225 primary care providers, serving 14 counties with a population of 1,236,305 and a projected growth rate of 1.3% by the year 2023. ThedaCare is a Next Generation ACO with 900 provider affiliates. In addition, we offer services with ThedaCare At Work, ThedaCare At Home, and other healthcare services. ,,,,,,
- Hospital Locations:
- ThedaCare Regional Medical Center-Appleton, ,,,,,,147 Bed Acute Care
- ThedaCare Regional Medical Center-Neenah, 151 Bed Acute Care, Level II Trauma Center
- ThedaCare Medical Center-New London, 25 Bed Critical Access
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Waupaca, 25 Bed Critical Access
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Shawano, 25 Bed Critical Access
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Berlin, 25 Bed Critical Access
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Wild Rose, 25 Bed Critical Access
ThedaCare is the third largest employer in Northeast Wisconsin with ,,,,,,about 6,800 employees. ,,,,,,
Through our 100-year history, ThedaCare has woven itself into the very fabric of the communities we serve. For our employees, ThedaCare offers an environment that not only welcomes but also encourages innovative thinking and fresh approaches to today’s health care challenges.
We’ve improved the health of thousands of individuals. We know this because we track our quality and constantly seek to improve our care and services for the members of our communities.
ThedaCare is the first healthcare system in Wisconsin to be selected as a Mayo Clinic Care Network member.
This job posting is available in other languages besides English free of charge. ,,,,,, Please contact the ThedaCare Employment Center to make your request at 920-830-5800 and then prompt “1”. ,,,,,, ThedaCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ,,,,,, ThedaCare complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, medical condition, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.