MD/DO - Family Medicine - Oshkosh
ThedaCare, a highly successful northeast Wisconsin non-profit health system, seeks a BE/BC Family Medicine Physician for our Oshkosh, WI location. This position allows for an opportunity to step into a traditional outpatient established practice with a collaborative and quality driven provider team.
- Full Time: 32 hours (4 days a week) or 36 hours (4 1/2 days a week)
- Call is 1:14 weekends that is shared with our Neenah call group and 1 weekday call every week. The call is generally done via phone. ThedaCare on Call, a nurse triage service, screens all calls before transferring them to the on-call physician. The hospitalist team manages all inpatient admissions.
- Average patients: 20 per day
- Team Includes: 3 Physicians, 3 APC's and 1 Pediatrician
The Physician will partner with a dedicated, supportive Medical Assistant. The physician will work in a setting where growth and change are encouraged and expected. As part of ThedaCare's delivery model, providers will offer same-day appointments, and a plan of care for the patient before they leave their appointment.
The Oshkosh clinic has on-site ancillary departments: Full-service Lab, Mammography, CT, Ultrasound, and MRI.
- Income Details:
- This is an employed position with a flexible two-year salary guarantee based on a four or four and a half day work week.
- Third year, the physician will move to a production compensation plan. Physician is able to choose to end the guarantee period early.
- Signing Bonus: Generous sign-on bonus offered!
- Vacation: Time Off 35 days, including vacation, CME, and holidays
- CME: $4,500/year
- Call Coverage: 1:14 weekends; Weekday call is one day/week
- Other Benefits:
- Long Term & Short Term Disability,
- Life Insurance,
- Malpractice & WI Patient Compensation Fund,
- Licensing/Board Fees,
- 403b and 457b Retirement Plans,
- Legal Plan Option
- Family Medicine
- Women's Health
- Behavioral Health (Counseling & Psychiatry)
- Occupational Health Services (ThedaCare at Work)
- Andrew Collins, MD Medical School: University of Wisconsin Medical School - Madison; Residency (Pediatrics): David Grant USAF Medical Center -California
- Rimas Janusonis, MD Medical School: Rush Medical Center - Illinois; Residency: Pinnacle Health Hospitals - Pennsylvania
- Daniel Kaiser, MD Medical School: University of Wisconsin Medical School - Madison; Residency: University of Arkansas Medical Sciences
- Eric Smiltneek, MD Education: University of Wisconsin Medical School - Madison; Residency: Columbia St. Mary's Hospital
- Jamie VandenHeuvel, APNP Education: University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh
- Allison Stephenson, DNP Education: University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh
Oshkosh is a perfect city for those who appreciate the outdoors, but also want to participate in the city's hundreds of exciting events! You'll find concerts, festivals, races, sporting events, farmers markets, art exhibitions and more. In addition to an endless list of events, Oshkosh offers the EAA AirVenture Museum, home to more than 250 aircraft, and the Oshkosh Public Museum, one of the best regional history museums in the Midwest. Visit the English gardens at the Paine Art Center and Gardens. Spend the day in downtown Oshkosh and discover interesting shops and galleries. Take a stroll along the scenic River Walk. Bike the Wiouwash State Trail. Explore the Outlet Shoppes at Oshkosh for brand-name bargains at more than 40 big-name retailers. Go fishing, boating and sailing in the summer and ice fishing in the winter on 138,000-acre Lake Winnebago, Wisconsin's largest inland lake.
Appleton International Airport located in Appleton, and Austin Straubel Airport in Green Bay offer modern facilities and convenient access to all the Midwest hubs. A few additional airport hubs in the region are Central Wisconsin Airport in Mosinee, General Mitchell International Airport in Milwaukee, and Dane County Regional Airport in Madison.
Modern divided highway systems provide quick, easy access to larger metropolitan areas:
- Distance to Green Bay: 40 miles
- Distance to Milwaukee: 95 miles
- Distance to Madison: 97 miles
- Distance to Chicago, IL: 197 miles
- Distance to Minneapolis, MN: 285 miles
- Visit Oshkosh
- City of Oshkosh
- Fox Cities
- Fox Cities Chamber of Commerce
- New North
- Oshkosh Chamber of Commerce
- Oshkosh Area School District
- Travel Wisconsin-Oshkosh
- University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh
- City of Neenah
- Appleton International Airport
- Austin Straubel Airport - Green Bay, WI
- Central Wisconsin Airport
- Dane County Regional Airport
- General Mitchell International Airport
ThedaCare is a community-owned, non-profit health system consisting of seven hospitals and 30+ primary care clinics, comprising of 225 primary care providers, serving 14 counties with a population of 1,236,305 and a projected growth rate of 1.3% by the year 2023. ThedaCare is a Next Generation ACO with 900 provider affiliates. In addition, we offer services with ThedaCare At Work, ThedaCare At Home, and other healthcare services.
- Hospital Locations:
- ThedaCare Regional Medical Center-Appleton,147 Bed Acute Care
- ThedaCare Regional Medical Center-Neenah, 151 Bed Acute Care, Level II Trauma Center
- ThedaCare Medical Center-New London, 25 Bed Critical Access
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Waupaca, 25 Bed Critical Access
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Shawano, 25 Bed Critical Access
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Berlin, 25 Bed Critical Access
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Wild Rose, 25 Bed Critical Access
ThedaCare is the third largest employer in Northeast Wisconsin with about 6,800 employees.
Through our 100-year history, ThedaCare has woven itself into the very fabric of the communities we serve. For our employees, ThedaCare offers an environment that not only welcomes but also encourages innovative thinking and fresh approaches to today’s health care challenges.
We’ve improved the health of thousands of individuals. We know this because we track our quality and constantly seek to improve our care and services for the members of our communities.
ThedaCare is the first healthcare system in Wisconsin to be selected as a Mayo Clinic Care Network member.
This job posting is available in other languages besides English free of charge. Please contact the ThedaCare Employment Center to make your request at 920-830-5800 and then prompt “1”. ThedaCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ThedaCare complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, medical condition, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.