MD/DO - Emergency Medicine - Waupaca, WI
ThedaCare, a community-owned, non-profit health system, located in Northeastern Wisconsin, seeks a BC/BE Emergency Medicine physician to provide coverage at ThedaCare Medical Center - Waupaca in Waupaca, Wisconsin.
- NO CALL!!
- .94 FTE - 6 shifts
- Full-time coverage
- 25-Bed Critical Access Hospital
- Hospital campus attached to clinic
- Multi-Specialty Support (Ortho, Cardiology, Oncology, Urology, Pulmonary, ENT and Ophthalmology)
- APC support
- Average patients per year: 12,000
- Partner with Primary Care providers and two General Surgeons
- Ambulatory Care
- Primary Care
- Attractive HOURLY rate + annual quality incentive + signing bonus
- CME: $4,500/year
- Other Benefits:
- Long Term & Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Malpractice, Paid Tail Coverage and WI Patient Compensation Fund
- Licensing/Board Fees
- Retirement Plan: 403b with a company match and 457b with a company contribution
- Legal Plan Option
ThedaCare Medical Center-Waupaca is a 25-bed, Critical Access Hospital serving Waupaca and surrounding communities.
- 24-Hour Emergency Care - Board Certified Emergency Medicine Staff available 24/7, with close connections to ThedaStar in the event of a transfer to a higher level care facility is necessary.
- Family Birth Care with rooms designed to provide comfort to all family members.
- Swing Bed Program available to meet the needs of patients who no longer require inpatient care, but are not ready to go home.
- Rehabilitation Services, which provides a full range of services to treat mind, body, and spirit, offering an integrated approach to health and wellness.
ThedaCare Medical Center-Waupaca provides local care in a way that improves local access and enhances services in the community. State of the art Emergency Department averages 12,000 visits per year. 4 major trauma rooms and 4 minor exam rooms.
- OB, Med/Surgery
- Special Care Unit
- Ancillary services
24/7 Services include:
- Respiratory Therapy
- Radiology Coverage
Life in the Waupaca offers the perfect balance:
- Safe family friendly neighborhoods
- Great public and private schools
- Low cost of living
- Easy accessibility
- New construction
- Historic homes
- High quality of life
Waupaca is the place that can feel like home to every person, with even second homes of cottages in the woods or cabins by the water. A gem of Waupaca County is the Waupaca Chain O’ Lakes with its 22 interconnected, spring fed lakes offering an abundance of recreational opportunities from fishing to tubing and canoeing on its crystal clear waters. Waupaca also has multiple State Park trails perfect for camping, hiking, cross country skiing and snowmobiling. Waupaca also has a seasonal farmer markets providing fresh produce from local farmers and gardeners.
Waupaca Country Club
If you prefer a high class experience, the Waupaca Country Club is perfect for you. Nine challenging holes, par 72, slope 126, beautifully landscaped and maintained. PGA pro on staff, pro shop, driving range, power carts, chipping and putting practice greens, tennis court, dining and banquet facilities with a full bar.
- Central Wisconsin Airport - Mosinee
- Appleton International Airport - Appleton
- Austin Straubel Airport - Green Bay
- General Mitchell International Airport - Milwaukee
- Dane County Regional Airport - Madison
Modern interstate highway systems provide quick, easy access to larger metropolitan areas:
- Appleton: 35 miles
- Chicago: 180 miles
- Green Bay: 60 miles
- Madison: 100 miles
- Milwaukee: 120 miles
- Minneapolis: 230 miles
- Stevens Point: 26 miles
ThedaCare is a community-owned, non-profit health system consisting of seven hospitals and 30+ primary care clinics, comprising of 225 primary care providers, serving 14 counties with a population of 1,236,305 and a projected growth rate of 1.3% by the year 2023. ThedaCare is a Next Generation ACO with 900 provider affiliates. In addition, we offer services with ThedaCare At Work, ThedaCare At Home, and other healthcare services.
- Hospital Locations:
- ThedaCare Regional Medical Center-Appleton,147 Bed Acute Care
- ThedaCare Regional Medical Center-Neenah, 151 Bed Acute Care, Level II Trauma Center
- ThedaCare Medical Center-New London, 25 Bed Critical Access
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Waupaca, 25 Bed Critical Access
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Shawano, 25 Bed Critical Access
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Berlin, 25 Bed Critical Access
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Wild Rose, 25 Bed Critical Access
ThedaCare is the third largest employer in Northeast Wisconsin with about 6,800 employees.
Through our 100-year history, ThedaCare has woven itself into the very fabric of the communities we serve. For our employees, ThedaCare offers an environment that not only welcomes but also encourages innovative thinking and fresh approaches to today’s health care challenges.
We’ve improved the health of thousands of individuals. We know this because we track our quality and constantly seek to improve our care and services for the members of our communities.
ThedaCare is the first healthcare system in Wisconsin to be selected as a Mayo Clinic Care Network member.
This job posting is available in other languages besides English free of charge. Please contact the ThedaCare Employment Center to make your request at 920-830-5800 and then prompt “1”. ThedaCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ThedaCare complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, medical condition, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.