MD/DO- Family Medicine- Shawano
ThedaCare, a highly successful northeast Wisconsin non-profit health system, seeks a BE/BC Full Scope Family Medicine Physician with OB and C-Section for our Shawano, WI location.
- Option to work on our time share model that allows Physicians to work 12 months on, 3 months off.
- OB C-Section
- 1:12 Hospitalist on call rotation (Monday-Friday once every 12 weeks shared with an APC)
- Each physician has exam rooms and a shared pool of MAs, triage nurses, receptionists, coders, transcriptionists, ancillary techs and business office staff
- Ancillary services include full service lab, digital X-Ray, MRI, CT and Mammography all onsite
- Multi-Specialty Support in orthopedic care, cardiology, urology, pulmonary, dermatology, nephrology, ENT and ophthalmology and neurology
- EPIC EMR utilized across the system
- Income Details: This is an employed position with a flexible two-year salary guarantee based on a four, or four and a half day work week with OB Optional. After the 2 year period of time, the physician will move to an incentive compensation plan. There is an option to go on the compensation plan after one year if the physician meets financial targets.
- Vacation: Paid Time Off: 35 days, including vacation, CME, and holidays
- CME: $4,500/year; 10 days/year for the first and second years
- Other Benefits:
- Short Term & Long Term Disability,
- Life Insurance,
- Malpractice & WI Patient Compensation Fund,
- Licensing/Board Fees,
- 403b and 457b Retirement Plans,
- Legal Plan Option
ThedaCare Medical Center-Shawano is a 25-bed Critical Access Hospital, with an average daily census of 14 patients, and 2,500 admissions annually. It serves 21,000 emergency patients annually. In 2015, there were 300 inpatient surgical cases and 2,700 outpatient cases.
In 2015, a new hospital facility was built that combined both the hospital and clinic campus. The Shawano service area includes 35,000 residents of Shawano, Menominee, and Waupaca Counties. In addition to rehabilitation and inpatient services, ThedaCare Medical Center-Shawano provides sports medicine services, diagnostic radiology services with CT and MRI, lab services, and sports medicine.
ThedaCare Shawano Services
- Sports medicine
- Diagnostic radiology
SHAWANO COUNTY - Our beautiful surroundings and relaxed lifestyle provide the perfect backdrop for a memorable get-away full of recreational and cultural activities.
In Shawano Country there is so much to do & see for all ages. It's the perfect place to kick back and relax or kick it into high gear:
- 134 Lakes and multiple streams and parks; you can camp, hunt, fish, boat, sail, canoe, golf, downhill/cross country ski, hike, bird watch, and raft.
- 300 miles of marked snowmobile trails.
- 100 miles of Hiking/biking trails combined.
- 13,000 acres of public hunting grounds (state-owned Navarino Wildlife area)
- Shawano Lake, 6,000 acres of fresh water, any water enthusiasts dream.
- Wolf River, which offers world-class canoeing, tubing, and whitewater rafting.
Shawano Country is a place like no other with a unique mixture of culture and customs. Traditions are captured in festivals and celebrations, art exhibits and performances, and museums.
The residents of Shawano (population 8,298; county 40,664), the seat of Shawano County, enjoy a low cost of living and low crime rates. Shawano County's economic base includes retail, government, services, and manufacturing.
Five major highway systems provide quick, easy access to larger metropolitan areas:
- Distance to Appleton: 44 miles
- Distance to Green Bay: 30 miles
ThedaCare is a community-owned, non-profit health system consisting of seven hospitals and 30+ ,,,,,,primary care clinics, comprising of 225 primary care providers, serving 14 counties with a population of 1,236,305 and a projected growth rate of 1.3% by the year 2023. ThedaCare is a Next Generation ACO with 900 provider affiliates. In addition, we offer services with ThedaCare At Work, ThedaCare At Home, and other healthcare services. ,,,,,,
- Hospital Locations:
- ThedaCare Regional Medical Center-Appleton, ,,,,,,147 Bed Acute Care
- ThedaCare Regional Medical Center-Neenah, 151 Bed Acute Care, Level II Trauma Center
- ThedaCare Medical Center-New London, 25 Bed Critical Access
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Waupaca, 25 Bed Critical Access
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Shawano, 25 Bed Critical Access
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Berlin, 25 Bed Critical Access
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Wild Rose, 25 Bed Critical Access
ThedaCare is the third largest employer in Northeast Wisconsin with ,,,,,,about 6,800 employees. ,,,,,,
Through our 100-year history, ThedaCare has woven itself into the very fabric of the communities we serve. For our employees, ThedaCare offers an environment that not only welcomes but also encourages innovative thinking and fresh approaches to today’s health care challenges.
We’ve improved the health of thousands of individuals. We know this because we track our quality and constantly seek to improve our care and services for the members of our communities.
ThedaCare is the first healthcare system in Wisconsin to be selected as a Mayo Clinic Care Network member.
This job posting is available in other languages besides English free of charge. ,,,,,, Please contact the ThedaCare Employment Center to make your request at 920-830-5800 and then prompt “1”. ,,,,,, ThedaCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ,,,,,, ThedaCare complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, medical condition, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.