PA - Cardiothoracic Surgery - Wausau, Wisconsin
Exceptional opportunity for a Cardiothoracic Surgery PA with solid clinical skills to provide CT Surgery services in one of the most skilled and sought after cardiothoracic surgery groups in the state of Wisconsin. Join our Surgeon/PA Surgical Team by becoming our 3rd Physician Assistant.
- Full practice scope including:
- Endoscopic vessel harvest, operating room assisting, and pre and post-operative patient management with high degree of autonomy
- Invasive procedures as needed – central and arterial line insertion, hemodialysis dialysis catheter placement, chest tube insertion, thoracentesis and nasojejunal feeding tube placement
- Point-of-Care Ultrasound (Critical Care)
- Member of the PICC line team
- Clinical precepting of Physician Assistant students
- Shared call on weekdays and weekends
- No outreach
- One hospital to cover, clinic located in hospital
- It is preferred that new graduates have surgical, operating room or extensive inpatient experience
Aspirus has been named by IBM Watson Health as one of the Nation’s Top 15 Health Systems, based on analysis of overall organizational performance. We are a system of 8 hospitals and 60 clinics that spans over 25,000 square miles throughout Central Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Currently, over 470 providers are located throughout the system and have the opportunity to affect approximately 604,000 lives.
The days of routine two-week hospital stays following heart are long gone. The surgeons at Aspirus Heart & Lung Surgery employ the broadest array of technologies and techniques in the region, allowing patients to choose the treatment most likely to get them back on their feet in a hurry.
Aspirus Heart & Vascular was the first program in the region to perform and embrace beating-heart bypass surgery and also are leaders in:
- Valve surgery - including TAVR and mitral valve repair
- Surgical treatment of Atrial fibrillation
- Coronary artery bypass: 95% beating heart procedures
- Minimally invasive techniques
- Aortic Surgery
- Lung resection for tumors
- Surgical treatment for lung infections
Aspirus Wausau Hospital is a private/not-for-profit facility. We are a Level II Trauma Center licensed for 325 beds, operating at 230. We average 12,714 inpatient admissions with 78,119 outpatients and 30,574 emergency room visits per year. Our departments include an 18-bed Medical/Surgical ICU, 8-bed cardiac ICU, 8-bed Clinical Decision Unit, 18-bed ER, 1,308 annual deliveries in our OB unit, 12-room NICU, 5 cath labs, performing 435 open heart surgeries per year in our Aspirus Heart & Vascular Institute.
Other units/departments include, Aspirus Regional Cancer Center, Aspirus Spine & Neurosciences Institute, Day Surgery, GI Center, Ortho/Neuro, Medical/Pediatrics, RT, and Rehab.
Wausau, Wisconsin is located in the lovely Wisconsin River valley at the center of the state. We have a metro area population of 80,000 with excellent schools, busy performing arts center, large private music conservatory, and visual arts center. Quiet residential neighborhoods surround Lake Wausau and overlook the Wisconsin River or have views of Rib Mountain State Park. A normal commute is ten minutes to any part of town. We enjoy four seasons of recreation including all water sports, sailing, kayaking, mountain biking, hiking, soccer, down-hill and cross-country skiing. We are conveniently located three hours from Milwaukee and Minneapolis. For More Information, Visit https://www.wausauchamber.com/
|E-mail:||Click here to e-mail.|