Hematologist/Oncologist to build on the momentum of established and reputable Cancer Center
- Non-profit, locally owned, regional network of both hospitals and clinics with primary care physicians, providers and specialists conveniently located throughout the Yakima Valley in WA!
- Primary Care and Specialists working together in the same clinics for better continuum of care and access!
- Strategic growth by adding new service lines and growing established programs!
Welcome to Astria Health, a non-profit, locally owned, regional health system consisting of inpatient hospital care and emergency services, ambulatory surgical care, and a network of primary care /walk-in care and specialty clinics located throughout the Yakima Valley in Central WA. Our goal is ensuring the long-term sustainability of valuable, yet vulnerable, rural –based healthcare delivery systems, many of which are currently threatened in today’s rapidly changing healthcare environment.
We are committed to investing in a continuum of care for the people who live and work throughout Central Washington, and that's why you'll see many of our specialists housed together with primary care providers for better access. Won't you join in our vision to build sustainable, locally-based, healthcare organizations that improve health for those we serve?
As a non-profit entity, every dollar we earn is reinvested into providing quality health care through:
- New or expanded patient care services
- Access to care
- New physician services
- New technologies
- Attracting and retaining engaged professionals who share our vision
WA ranked #3 top places to work for physicians in 2021 (Medscape)
We need a BC/BE- Hematologist/Oncologist to lead a fantastic team and to build on the momentum of this established and reputable cancer center.
Our multidisciplinary cancer team consists of:
- Oncology specialized RNs and nurse navigators, dieticians, pharmacists, therapists, social workers, chaplain, and financial planner
- Interventional radiologist and pathologist
- Home health services and direct access to community hospice and palliative care program
- Nurse Practitioner support with experience in Hem/Onc
Practice highlights include:
Enjoy an excellent compensation package including a guaranteed base salary (MGMA) with RVU incentives along with traditional employed benefit packages including sign-on/commencement bonuses and relocation allowances, CME allowances, residency/fellowship stipends, malpractice, full comprehensive medical benefits, generous time off, retirement, and much more!
- Beautiful and modern outpatient cancer center which includes 5 infusion suites and 1 isolation suite right here in our hometown so patients don’t have to travel outside of area for care. (We offer the same services you might expect to find at a large urban-based cancer hospital)
- Join an established practice that was built from the ground up within the last few years with continued growth potential.
- No other competing groups/providers in the immediate service area.
- See a variety of cases in a rewarding and stimulating environment.
- A close-knit community that embraces their providers.
- Working with, and sensitive to, a multicultural population in a rural setting is preferred.
- Immediate service area encompasses about 80,000 and is located in the lower valley of Yakima County. (total overall pop >250k)
- Bilingual in Spanish would be great.
- Ideally can start as soon as possible.
What comes to mind when you think of WA? Seattle, rain, cold and cloudy? Central WA (Yakima Valley) is quite the opposite! Bet you’ll be surprised to find:
- A growing population and thriving economy (Yakima County over 250,000 residents)
- Over 300 days of blissful sunshine with 4 distinct mild seasons
- Beautiful region located on the sunny-side of the state great for outdoor concerts, shopping, dining, and drive-up espresso stands!
- Every outdoor activity you can think of among some of the most beautiful scenery--rolling hills, vineyards, produce stacked in bins/fruit stands/farmers markets, rivers and lakes, fishing, camping, hiking, biking, hunting, skiing, with spectacular views of Mt. Adams and Mt. Rainier while you drive up the valley!
- Calmer lifestyle-balance between work and personal life
- Growing agricultural center and one of the country's most important agricultural hubs
- World class wineries and microbreweries
- Highly rated private and public schools-some with great sports programs, music programs, and academic excellence-high graduating class/college bound. In recent years, several grads from schools in the Lower Valley of Yakima entered into Medical Schools.
- Arts/Sports/Entertainment- The Yakima Symphony, Seasons Performance Hall, concerts, sporting events/venues, museums, Yakima Capital Theatre, Warehouse Theatre Co (local performing arts), local art gallery and much more!
- Low cost of living –some of the most reasonable housing cost in the PNW
- Medical DO school (PNWU)
- Family Medicine Residency program
- Short commute and virtually no traffic!
- We are within a short 3 hour drive to the big 3--Seattle, Spokane, Portland
- Yakima and Tri-Cities (Pasco) airports