Duke Health’s Kernodle Clinic Seeks Gastroenterologist For Community Practice In North Carolina
Duke Health seeks a General Gastroenterologist for an established practice at Kernodle Clinic, Duke’s flagship practice in their western market. Kernodle Clinic is also Duke’s largest community-based multi-specialty practice of 50 physicians and 36 mid-level providers covering 15 medical and surgical specialties. The practice includes 75,000 sq. ft. main office, including a walk-in clinic in Burlington and two satellite offices in each of Mebane and Elon. The hired physician’s practice will be based at the main office with procedures performed at Alamance Regional Medical Center (ARMC) located adjacent to the clinic. The ARMC suites are well equipped with Olympus equipment and dedicated anesthesia service.
The hired physician will be joining an established practice with a strong referral base and should expect to quickly build a thriving practice. The GI department gets an average of six consults and has an average inpatient census of eight. Hospital consults and rounding is handled by the department APPs.
- Practice call is 1:5 nights and weekends.
- Call is benign by nature with the Hospitalist service handling most admissions.
- Small volume of ERCP work available
Centrally located in the piedmont area of North Carolina, Alamance County (pop. 155,000) includes the midsize communities of Burlington, Elon and Mebane, and straddles the Research Triangle and Piedmont Triad Regions of North Carolina.
- Burlington, a city of progress and quality, boasts a population of more than 50,000. Burlington is located only a few hours’ drive from the picturesque Blue Ridge and Great Smoky Mountains to the west and the scenic coastal beaches to the east.
- The economy of the town of Elon is largely dominated by the adjacent Elon University. Elon University has been ranked as one of the most beautiful college campuses in the country by "Best College Review" and Best Run College by the Princeton Review.
- Historic Mebane, one of the fastest growing areas in North Carolina, is a fun place to be where eclectic and unique shopping, dining and activities abound
Interested candidates should submit CV and letter of interest via the APPLY button.
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individuals age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Please Note: In order to be considered for this position, you must attach your CV, select SUBMIT APPLICATION, and then complete the required application information on the following page.