Pediatric General Surgeon
St. Luke’s University Health Network, the region’s largest, most established health system, a major teaching hospital, and one of the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals is seeking a passionate BC/BE Pediatric General Surgeon to join us and contribute to the growth of our rapidly developing Pediatric Surgery program!
St. Luke’s pediatrics department is growing and expanding our offering of services. We are seeking providers who are innovative and excited by growth and new opportunities.
If you are excited by the prospect of working with our experienced pediatric surgeon to build and shape a new surgical division in a supportive environment, we look forward to speaking with you!
- Large referral base from the Department of Pediatrics comprised of inpatient, primary care and specialty care providers across a variety of practice locations throughout the region.
- The current inpatient units, located at St. Luke’s University Hospital in Bethlehem, PA, all have 24/7 in-house hospitalist and intensivist coverage. These include an 18 bed pediatric med/surg unit, an 8 bed PICU, and a surgical NICU. In addition, there is a 26 bed Level III NICU at St. Luke’s Anderson Campus and an 8 bed Level II NICU at St. Luke’s Allentown Campus.
- Strong OR resources - Pediatric anesthesiology (MDs and CRNAs), pediatric minimally invasive equipment and appropriate block time.
- Multiple growing pediatric subspecialty practices – including radiology, pulmonology, GI, cardiology, neurology and more!
- Growing OB department with over 4,000 deliveries per year. Strong MFM division as referral base for fetal anomalies/neonatal surgery.
- Teaching and research opportunities with our well-established General Surgery residency program, medical school and affiliation with Temple University.
- Robust 12 hospital Network spread over a diverse geographic area providing emergency care for over 350,000 patients annually.
- St. Luke’s emergency medicine includes comprehensive stroke centers, 4 PCI centers, a level 1 adult trauma center and two level 4 trauma centers.
To learn more about our Pediatrics program, please visit https://www.slhn.org/pediatriccareers
In joining St. Luke’s University Health Network you’ll enjoy:
- Substantial compensation and a rich benefits package, including malpractice insurance, health and dental insurance, & CME allowance
- Starting bonus!
- Work/life balance & flexibility
- Team-based care with well-educated, dedicated support staff
- A culture in which innovation is highly valued
- Professional support and growth within the network
- Teaching, research, quality improvement and strategic development opportunities
Founded in 1872, St. Luke’s University Health Network (SLUHN) is a fully integrated, regional, non-profit network of more than 16,000 employees providing services at 12 hospitals and 300+ outpatient sites. With annual net revenue greater than $2 billion, the Network’s service area includes 11 counties: Lehigh, Northampton, Berks, Bucks, Carbon, Montgomery, Monroe, Schuylkill and Luzerne counties in Pennsylvania and Warren and Hunterdon counties in New Jersey.
Dedicated to advancing medical education, St. Luke’s is the preeminent teaching hospital in central-eastern Pennsylvania. In partnership with Temple University, St. Luke’s created the Lehigh Valley’s first and only regional medical school campus. It also operates the nation’s longest continuously operating School of Nursing, established in 1884, and 38 fully accredited graduate medical educational programs with 347 residents and fellows.
St. Luke’s is the only Lehigh Valley-based health care system with Medicare’s five- and four-star ratings (the highest) for quality, efficiency and patient satisfaction. St. Luke’s is both a Leapfrog Group and Healthgrades Top Hospital and a Newsweek World’s Best Hospital. In 2020, two of IBM Watson Health’s 100 Top Hospitals were St. Luke’s hospitals. St. Luke’s University Hospital has earned the 100 Top Major Teaching Hospital designation from IBM Watson Health eight times total and six years in a row. St. Luke’s has also been cited by IBM Watson Health as a 50 Top Cardiovascular Program.
Utilizing the Epic electronic medical record (EMR) system for both inpatient and outpatient services, the Network is a multi-year recipient of the Most Wired award recognizing the breadth of the SLUHN’s information technology applications such as telehealth, online scheduling and online pricing information. St. Luke’s is also recognized as one of the state’s lowest cost providers.
Set amid gentle hills and charming country sides, Lehigh Valley, PA is home to Allentown, Bethlehem, and Easton, as well as dozens of small towns and picturesque boroughs, parks, trails, and waterways. Steeped in pre-Colonial, Early American, and industrial history, the region’s storied past became its uplifting present, bestowing visitors anything from crayons and craft beer to Martin Guitars and museums, covered bridges, and nationally-recognized events like Musikfest and Christkindlmarkt.
The Lehigh Valley is in close proximity to NYC, Philly, DC and the Jersey Shore. Outstanding higher education facilities include Lehigh University and Moravian College. Cost of living is low and coupled with minimal congestion; choose among a variety of charming urban, semi-urban and rural communities your family will enjoy calling home. There is easy access to outdoor activities like skiing, snowboarding, white water rafting, and zip lining. The Lehigh Valley encompasses three unique cities in one suburban area. For more information please visit www.discoverlehighvalley.com.