Part Time General Pediatrician for our New Mount Pocono Office
St. Luke’s University Health Network, the region’s largest, most established health system, a major teaching hospital, and one of the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals is seeking a part time BC/BE General Pediatrician to join our growing Network and dedicated team of physicians and advanced practitioners providing excellent care at St. Luke’s Mount Pocono Pediatrics.
St. Luke’s Mount Pocono pediatrics is a small practice with longstanding roots in a small-town community. Much of daily life happens outdoors, thanks to year-round temperatures which allows for time to explore seasonal sceneries, participate in outdoor focused activities including whitewater adventures, biking, hiking, skiing, and enjoying all that the historic sites have to offer. The Poconos offers a variety of excursions for those looking to get out and explore the vibrant colors that all seasons bring. Major cities such as Philadelphia and New York are only a short drive away.
Pediatric Department/ Network Highlights Include:
- The Department of Pediatrics consists of inpatient, primary care and specialty care providers across a variety of practice locations.
- A growing pediatric specialty department currently spanning 14 pediatric subspecialties such as surgery, orthopedics, cardiology, GI, pulmonology, neurology, etc., and continuing to expand in both depth and breadth of services.
- The current inpatient unit is an 18 bed unit located at St. Luke’s University Hospital in Bethlehem, PA. Pediatric volumes have grown significantly over the past few years and the service line recently expanded pediatric services within the community through the addition of a new 8 bed PICU which opened in February 2020.
- Consistently growing pediatric volumes and a strong Network commitment to expanding pediatric services within the community.
- The most robust and highest volume OB program in the region with a strong maternal and fetal medicine program which delivers over 4,000 babies per year.
- 23 bed Level III NICU located at St. Luke’s University Hospital in Bethlehem, PA, 8 bed Level II NICU at St. Luke’s Allentown Campus and NEW 26 bed Level III NICU at St. Luke’s Anderson Campus.
- Robust 12 hospital Network spread over a diverse geographic area providing emergency care for over 350,000 patients annually.
In joining St. Luke’s University Health Network you’ll enjoy:
- Team-based care with well-educated, dedicated support staff
- A culture in which innovation is highly valued
- Work/life balance & flexibility
- Loan forgiveness program up to $100,000
- Exceptional compensation package, starting bonus, and relocation reimbursement
- Rich benefits package including malpractice, health and dental insurance, and CME allowance
- Teaching, research, quality improvement and strategic development opportunities
Founded in 1872, St. Luke’s University Health Network (SLUHN) is a fully integrated, regional, non-profit network of more than 16,000 employees providing services at 12 hospitals and 300+ outpatient sites. With annual net revenue greater than $2 billion, the Network’s service area includes 11 counties: Lehigh, Northampton, Berks, Bucks, Carbon, Montgomery, Monroe, Schuylkill and Luzerne counties in Pennsylvania and Warren and Hunterdon counties in New Jersey.
Dedicated to advancing medical education, St. Luke’s is the preeminent teaching hospital in central-eastern Pennsylvania. In partnership with Temple University, St. Luke’s created the Lehigh Valley’s first and only regional medical school campus. It also operates the nation’s longest continuously operating School of Nursing, established in 1884, and 38 fully accredited graduate medical educational programs with 347 residents and fellows.
St. Luke’s is the only Lehigh Valley-based health care system with Medicare’s five- and four-star ratings (the highest) for quality, efficiency and patient satisfaction. St. Luke’s is both a Leapfrog Group and Healthgrades Top Hospital and a Newsweek World’s Best Hospital. In 2020, two of IBM Watson Health’s 100 Top Hospitals were St. Luke’s hospitals. St. Luke’s University Hospital has earned the 100 Top Major Teaching Hospital designation from IBM Watson Health eight times total and six years in a row. St. Luke’s has also been cited by IBM Watson Health as a 50 Top Cardiovascular Program.
Utilizing the Epic electronic medical record (EMR) system for both inpatient and outpatient services, the Network is a multi-year recipient of the Most Wired award recognizing the breadth of the SLUHN’s information technology applications such as telehealth, online scheduling and online pricing information. St. Luke’s is also recognized as one of the state’s lowest cost providers.
Much of daily life happens outdoors, thanks to year-round temperatures which allows for time to explore seasonal sceneries, participate in outdoor focused activities including whitewater adventures, biking, hiking, skiing, and enjoying all that the historic sites have to offer. The Poconos offers a variety of excursions for those looking to get out and explore the vibrant colors that all seasons bring. The Poconos is located just 35 minutes north of the Lehigh Valley and is only 90 minutes to Philadelphia and 2 hours to Downtown Manhattan.