Academic Surgical Oncology Opportunity in Greenville, NC
NOT ACCEPTING CANDIDATES FROM SEARCH FIRMS FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY
The Department of Surgery at Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University, is seeking a Fellowship-trained Breast Surgeon to join its Division of Surgical Oncology at the Assistant or Associate Professor level. Applicants should be board-eligible or board certified in General Surgery by the American Board of Surgery. Completion of an SSO-approved Breast surgery fellowship or SSO approved Surgical Oncology fellowship is required. The clinical practice will be a combination of benign and malignant breast conditions. The candidate will help develop and lead the multidisciplinary breast program at ECU and Vidant Medical Center and a strong interest in academics and research is desired.
The Division of Surgical Oncology provides state of the art surgical care to patients in eastern North Carolina. The candidate will join four surgical oncologists, two colorectal surgeons, and an advanced care practitioner in providing patient care, education for medical students, and appropriate training and supervision for surgical residents. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to rapidly integrate into our active, collaborative, clinical, teaching and research program. Opportunities for leadership are also available.
• Academic employment
• Well established multidisciplinary ACS-COC accredited cancer program with identified disease specialists in all areas of oncology including breast oncology
• NAPBC (National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers) certified
• Dedicated Breast Imaging Center and multidisciplinary tumor board
• Wireless localization and other state-of-the art techniques available
• Outpatient surgery center
• Fixed term or tenure track faculty position
• Newly constructed 500,000 square foot freestanding cancer hospital equipped with a state-of-the-art radiation oncology center, dedicated breast imaging center, multi-disciplinary oncology clinic as well as 48 surgical oncology in-patient beds.
The School of Medicine provides accredited education programs for medical students, residents and fellows, doctoral students in the basic medical sciences, and practicing physicians. The hallmarks of these programs are close-faculty student interaction, experiential learning, and development of students’ ability to continue learning even after they leave the formal educational setting. Our education programs are consistent with our missions of enhancing generalist training and offering opportunities in medicine to minority and disadvantaged students.
Widely recognized as the thriving cultural, educational, economic and medical hub of eastern North Carolina, Greenville is the 10th largest city in the state with a metropolitan population of nearly 100,000. The Dickinson Avenue Arts District offers a vibrant arts, music, culinary and festival scene in the Uptown Greenville district. Greenville is also home to East Carolina University, the Brody School of Medicine, and Pitt Community College. Excellent affordability, convenient location and natural resources combined with all of the amenities of a metropolitan university town, Greenville is the perfect place to live, work and play!
- Located inland off of the North Carolina coast, Greenville is 45 miles east of interstate 95, just over an hour to Raleigh, a little over an hour to the pristine beaches of the Crystal Coast of NC
- Home to East Carolina University (ECU), a vibrant university with an annual enrollment of more than 24,000 students
- Numerous waterways and the Greenville Greenway System are perfect for boating, kayaking, fishing, hiking and camping
- Mild climate perfect for year-round outdoor activities
- Cost of living below the national average, diverse and affordable housing and excellent educational opportunities, both public and private
- Investment of more than $500 million in downtown Greenville’s revitalization bringing new restaurants, shops, businesses, and residents to the area
If you, or a colleague, is interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact Amanda Mercer at (252)847-9029 or Amanda.Mercer@Vidanthealth.com.