Infection Control Physician Opportunity in Greenville, NC
Accepting Candidates From Search Firms
Vidant Health and Vidant Medical Group, located in Greenville, North Carolina, are seeking an Infection Control Infectious Disease physician. The successful applicant will provide system wide leadership and oversight for infection prevention over all Vidant Health activities including hospitals, clinics, population health and pandemic preparedness and management. Experience managing infection control issues in a large health system is required.
- Employment by Vidant Medical Group
- Privileges at all Vidant Health hospitals
- Support by a 9-hospital healthcare system including a 974-bed level 1 trauma center located in Greenville, North Carolina
- Direct reporting structure to Medical Director, Vidant Health System Infectious Disease and Epidemiology
- Work collaboratively with hospital presidents, hospital chiefs of staff, Chief Quality Officer, Chief Human Resources Officer, Chair Department of Infectious Disease at East Carolina University and Medical Director of Vidant Health Infectious Disease, and other senior leaders to reduce healthcare associated infections
- Supervise and promote the professional development of the system Infection Preventionists and educate clinicians and learners about ongoing infection control issues
- Identify and investigate potential outbreaks and initiate appropriate infection control measures Monitor and investigate known or suspected sources and transmission of communicable
- Pandemic preparedness and response - to include building and overseeing community surveillance and response
- Collects, analysis, and interprets disease data using appropriate statistical and research methods
- Reviews sterilization, disinfection and waste control techniques and recommends changes as needed
- Collaborate with Occupational Health to develop policies related to the prevention of infectious diseases following occupational exposures
- Chair the Vidant Health/Vidant Medical Center Infection Control Subcommittee
- Serve as an attending physician on the Infectious Diseases Consultation Service, a shared service between East Carolina University Department of Infectious Disease and Vidant Infectious Disease
Vidant Medical Group, a multi-specialty physician group sponsored by Vidant Health, employs more than 550 providers in more than 100 locations, offering primary and specialty care. The group provides the infrastructure and leadership needed to manage a modern medical practice including processes for billing and collection, group contracting, electronic medical records and other technologies.
Vidant Medical Center, one of four academic medical centers in North Carolina, is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health and serves as the teaching hospital for The Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. Vidant Medical Center is a 974-bed tertiary referral center providing acute, intermediate, rehabilitation and outpatient health services to a 29-county region that is home to more than 1.4 million people. In recognition of its nursing excellence and high-quality patient care, Vidant Medical Center has been designated a Magnet® facility by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Widely recognized as the thriving cultural, educational, economic and medical hub of eastern North Carolina, Greenville is the 10th largest city in the state with a metropolitan population of nearly 100,000. The Dickinson Avenue Arts District offers a vibrant arts, music, culinary and festival scene in the Uptown Greenville district. Greenville is also home to East Carolina University, the Brody School of Medicine, and Pitt Community College. , Excellent affordability, convenient location and natural resources combined with all of the amenities of a metropolitan university town, Greenville is the perfect place to live, work and play! Find Yourself in Good Company!
- Located inland off of the North Carolina coast, Greenville is 45 miles east of interstate 95, just over an hour to Raleigh, a little over an hour to the pristine beaches of the Crystal Coast of NC
- Home to East Carolina University (ECU), a vibrant university with an annual enrollment of more than 24,000 students
- Numerous waterways and the Greenville Greenway System are perfect for boating, kayaking, fishing, hiking and camping
- Mild climate perfect for year-round outdoor activities
- Cost of living below the national average, diverse and affordable housing and excellent educational opportunities, both public and private
- Investment of more than $500 million in downtown Greenville’s revitalization bringing new restaurants, shops, businesses, and residents to the area.
If you, or a colleague, is interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact Denise Owens at (252)847-4774 or Denise.Owens@Vidanthealth.com.
It is the goal of Vidant Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position. Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings. We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant’s qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law.