MD/DO - Family Med - Plainfield
ThedaCare, a highly successful northeast Wisconsin non-profit health system, seeks a BE/BC Full Scope Family Medicine Physician (OB optional) to serve in the Plainfield and Wild Rose, WI locations.
- 1.0 FTE
- 4 or 4.5 days, patient contact hours 32 or 36 hours per week
- 2 - 3 days per week in Plainfield, 2 days in Wild Rose per week.
- Average Patient Census: 18-22 per day
- Call Group consists of 4 clinics: Waupaca, Iola, Wild Rose and Plainfield
- Call coverage includes weekdays, weekends and holidays which rotate within the group
- Clinic support staff include MA and RN.
- Hospital support staff include CNAs, RN, Pharmacy, Respiratory Therapy, and Care Management.
- EPIC EMR utilized across the system
Wild Rose is a rural community and vacation spot for many, located in Waushara County (population 24,000). Wild Rose was settled by Welsh immigrants in the mid-1850's and has a unique cultural history. For the outdoor enthusiast, Wild Rose is home to over a dozen clear, fresh water lakes with sandy beaches and miles of rivers and creeks, ideal for fishing, swimming and boating. Wild Rose is integral to the fishing industry in Wisconsin with a fish hatchery, as well as plenty of hunting options throughout the county. There are over 30 miles of snowmobile trails, a local ski resort (Nordic Mountain), as well as plenty of summer activities, such as hiking, canoeing, kayaking, camping, and more. Wild Rose also hosts an annual car show every September, bringing in many to the community.
Appleton International Airport located in Appleton, and Austin Straubel Airport in Green Bay offer modern facilities and convenient access to all the Midwest hubs. A few additional airport hubs in the region are Central Wisconsin Airport in Mosinee, General Mitchell International Airport in Milwaukee, and Dane County Regional Airport in Madison.
Modern interstate highway systems provide quick, easy access to larger metropolitan areas:
- Distance to Appleton: 50 miles
- Distance to Chicago: 235 miles
- Distance to Green Bay: 80 miles
- Distance to Madison: 95 miles
- Distance to Milwaukee: 130 miles
- Distance to Minneapolis: 250 miles
- Distance to Stevens Point: 40 miles
ThedaCare is a community-owned, non-profit health system consisting of seven hospitals and 30+ primary care clinics, comprising of 225 primary care providers, serving 14 counties with a population of 1,236,305 and a projected growth rate of 1.3% by the year 2023. ThedaCare is a Next Generation ACO with 900 provider affiliates. In addition, we offer services with ThedaCare At Work, ThedaCare At Home, and other healthcare services.
- Hospital Locations:
- ThedaCare Regional Medical Center-Appleton,147 Bed Acute Care
- ThedaCare Regional Medical Center-Neenah, 151 Bed Acute Care, Level II Trauma Center
- ThedaCare Medical Center-New London, 25 Bed Critical Access
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Waupaca, 25 Bed Critical Access
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Shawano, 25 Bed Critical Access
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Berlin, 25 Bed Critical Access
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Wild Rose, 25 Bed Critical Access
ThedaCare is the third largest employer in Northeast Wisconsin with about 6,800 employees.
Through our 100-year history, ThedaCare has woven itself into the very fabric of the communities we serve. For our employees, ThedaCare offers an environment that not only welcomes but also encourages innovative thinking and fresh approaches to today’s health care challenges.
We’ve improved the health of thousands of individuals. We know this because we track our quality and constantly seek to improve our care and services for the members of our communities.
ThedaCare is the first healthcare system in Wisconsin to be selected as a Mayo Clinic Care Network member.
This job posting is available in other languages besides English free of charge. Please contact the ThedaCare Employment Center to make your request at 920-830-5800 and then prompt “1”. ThedaCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ThedaCare complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, medical condition, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.