PEDS- join our award-winning community hospital in WA and practice in the "city of murals"
- Non-profit, locally owned, regional network of both hospitals and clinics with primary care physicians, providers and specialists conveniently located throughout the Yakima Valley in WA!
- Primary Care and Specialists working together in the same clinics for better continuum of care and access!
- Strategic growth by adding new service lines and growing established programs!
Welcome to Astria Health, a non-profit, locally owned, regional health system consisting of inpatient hospital care and emergency services, ambulatory surgical care, and a network of primary care /walk-in care and specialty clinics located throughout the Yakima Valley in Central WA. Our goal is ensuring the long-term sustainability of valuable, yet vulnerable, rural –based healthcare delivery systems, many of which are currently threatened in today’s rapidly changing healthcare environment.
We are committed to investing in a continuum of care for the people who live and work throughout Central Washington, and that's why you'll see many of our specialists housed together with primary care providers for better access. Won't you join in our vision to build sustainable, locally-based, healthcare organizations that improve health for those we serve?
As a non-profit entity, every dollar we earn is reinvested into providing quality health care through:
- New or expanded patient care services
- Access to care
- New physician services
- New technologies
- Attracting and retaining engaged professionals who share our vision
WA ranked #3 top places to work for physicians in 2021 (Medscape)
Enjoy an excellent compensation package including a guaranteed base salary based off MGMA standards with RVU incentives, along with traditional employed benefit packages including, sign-on/commencement bonuses and relocation allowances, CME allowances, residency/fellowship stipends (negotiable), malpractice, full comprehensive medical benefits, retirement, generous time off, and much more!
- General pediatric practice with stimulating and challenging cases.
- Join our large, multi-specialty clinics which includes primary care/walk-in care, OB/GYN, pediatrics, neurosurgery, vascular, general surgery, podiatry, orthopedic, endocrinology, cardio and more.
- Split time between our Toppenish, Zillah, and Ahtanum clinics all located within a short distance from hospital.
- On sight imaging and diagnostics located at our Ahtanum clinic in Yakima.
- Provider driven practice with complete autonomy.
- Great colleagues and support staff.
- Mainly outpatient but while on call must be comfortable with attending deliveries and rounding.
- Low call volume. Some ER consultations and assist with transfers when needed.
- Bilingual in Spanish would be a plus!
- Hospital volume-approx 360+ deliveries per year.
- Student loan repayment programs.
ASTRIA TOPPENISH HOSPITAL (ATH)
Astria Toppenish Hospital (ATH), a 63 bed Community Hospital provides a full complement of inpatient and outpatient services. The hospital’s medical services include a 24-hour Emergency Department and Level IV Trauma Services, Intensive Care Unit, 24/7 Hospitalists, a Family Maternity Center, Inpatient and Outpatient General, OB/GYN and Orthopedic Surgical Services, Inpatient Medical Withdrawal Management Program, an Inpatient Psychiatric Unit, a Level 2 Stroke Center, as well as Cardiac Care and a Level 2 Cardiac Center. Astria Toppenish Hospital provides the people living and working throughout the region with advanced diagnostics including CT, MRI and ECHO cardiography and a full-service laboratory. ATH is conveniently located about 15 min east of Yakima, WA and an hour west of the Tri Cities. In addition, ATH hosts a Native Spiritual Center that provides a place for Native Americans of all faiths to practice the healing rituals and ceremonies important to their beliefs.
What comes to mind when you think of WA? Seattle, rain, cold and cloudy? Central WA (Yakima Valley) is quite the opposite! Bet you’ll be surprised to find:
- A growing population and thriving economy (Yakima County over 250,000 residents)
- Over 300 days of blissful sunshine with 4 distinct mild seasons
- Beautiful region located on the sunny-side of the state great for outdoor concerts, shopping, dining, and drive-up espresso stands!
- Every outdoor activity you can think of among some of the most beautiful scenery--rolling hills, vineyards, produce stacked in bins/fruit stands/farmers markets, rivers and lakes, fishing, camping, hiking, biking, hunting, skiing, with spectacular views of Mt. Adams and Mt. Rainier while you drive up the valley!
- Calmer lifestyle-balance between work and personal life
- Growing agricultural center and one of the country's most important agricultural hubs
- World class wineries and microbreweries
- Highly rated private and public schools-some with great sports programs, music programs, and academic excellence-high graduating class/college bound. In recent years, several grads from schools in the Lower Valley of Yakima entered into Medical Schools.
- Arts/Sports/Entertainment- The Yakima Symphony, Seasons Performance Hall, concerts, sporting events/venues, museums, Yakima Capital Theatre, Warehouse Theatre Co (local performing arts), local art gallery and much more!
- Low cost of living –some of the most reasonable housing cost in the PNW
- Medical DO school (PNWU)
- Family Medicine Residency program
- Short commute and virtually no traffic!
- We are within a short 3 hour drive to the big 3--Seattle, Spokane, Portland
- Yakima and Tri-Cities (Pasco) airports