Hospitalist Opportunity in Ellensburg, Washington
Rural Physicians Group (RPG) is looking for a hospitalist to join our team at Kittitas Valley Healthcare who is passionate about rural medicine, is looking to make a difference in medically underserved communities, and wants to enjoy a flexible schedule with more autonomy.
We are on a mission to help rural hospitals meet the needs of the people they serve. Our expansive network of passionate, experienced hospitalists, surgicalists and APPs works full-time to solve the healthcare crisis in rural communities, partnering with hospitals to offer continuity of care and improved patient outcomes.
- 25 Bed CAH
- Level 4 Trauma Center
- ICU (6 beds)
- EMR: Cerner - Community Works with Dragon dictation
- Average Daily Census: 12
- ACLS certification required
- Hotel-quality onsite accommodations provided
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Contractor (1099) Status - enjoy tax benefits of owning your own business
- $1,400 stipend per day
- Eligibility for bonus pool (up to 20k quarterly based on RPG metrics)
- PRIME $100 bonus for physicians working 10+ shifts per month + $3,000
- Quarterly Prime Bonus
- Hospital will submit billing
- Housing provided by RPG
- Malpractice Insurance provide by RPG
SCHEDULE & ACCOMODATIONS
- Consistent placement -plan your schedule 90 days out
- in an effort to provide continuity of care and consistency with our small rural communities and hospitals, we require a minimum of 5 day stretch per month (you may work more!)
- Dedicated and convenient private and comfortable quarters/call-room
- Meals provided in physicians lounge
- Board certified in family or internal medicine
- Active state licensure or ability to obtain
- Ability to perform full scope of practice
- Clean malpractice and disciplinary history
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Prior experience preferred
- Proficiency and willingness to perform mainline procedures
Rural Physicians Group is an expansive physician network of rural-focused hospitalists, surgicalists and APPs that are passionate about helping rural hospitals meet the needs of the communities they serve. We offer a true, permanent solution to the crisis facing more than 1,300 rural hospitals across the United States, and we are actively growing our network of exceptional providers to help us achieve this mission.
By working with Rural Physicians Group, our hospital partners receive full-time, dedicated providers on site, filling a critical void in care coverage and allowing for better patient outcomes. Better outcomes lead to expanded inpatient services. Expanded inpatient services revitalize the hospital. And a revitalized hospital improves the entire community. This is the way rural medicine should be. An extraordinary solution to a very complex problem.
Situated in the heart of Washington, Kittitas County Public Hospital District No. 1 provides care to Kittitas County and surrounding areas. The public hospital district is governed by a five-member elected Board of Commissioners and is almost exclusively supported by revenue generated from patient services.
Kittitas County Public Hospital District No. 1 does business as Kittitas Valley Healthcare (KVH).
KVH Hospital provides 24-hour emergency care and offers inpatient and outpatient hospital services.
KVH provides care through clinics and specialty services in both Upper and Lower Kittitas County. KVH clinics include ear, nose, throat & allergy, family medicine, internal medicine, orthopedics, pediatrics, general surgery, women’s health, dermatology, neurology and urgent care. Specialty services provide home health, hospice, physical therapy, speech therapy and occupational therapy.
Ellensburg is a bucolic city in and the county seat of Kittitas County, Washington. It is located just east of the Cascade Range along the Yakima River in the Kittitas Valley, an agricultural region that extends east towards the Columbia River. The valley is a major producer of timothy hay, which is processed and shipped internationally. Ellensburg is also the home of Central Washington University (CWU). The population is estimated to be around 19,596.