Hospitalist Opportunity in Tillamook, Oregon
Rural Physicians Group (RPG) is looking for a hospitalist to join our team at St. Luke's Elmore Medical Center who is passionate about rural medicine, is looking to make a difference in medically underserved communities, and wants to enjoy a flexible schedule with more autonomy.
We are on a mission to help rural hospitals meet the needs of the people they serve. Our expansive network of passionate, experienced hospitalists, surgicalists and APPs works full-time to solve the healthcare crisis in rural communities, partnering with hospitals to offer continuity of care and improved patient outcomes.
- 25 Bed CAH
- Level 4 Trauma Center
- ICU (4 beds)
- EMR: Cerner with Dragon dictation
- High volume- ADC: 12 (range: 4-15)
- ACLS certification required
- COVID vaccine required
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Contractor (1099) Status - enjoy tax benefits of owning your own business
- $1,400 stipend per day
- Eligibility for bonus pool (up to 20k quarterly based on RPG metrics)
- PRIME $100 bonus for physicians working 10+ shifts per month + $3,000
- Quarterly Prime Bonus
- Hospital will submit billing
- Housing provided by RPG
- Malpractice Insurance provide by RPG
SCHEDULE & ACCOMODATIONS
- Consistent placement -plan your schedule 90 days out
- in an effort to provide continuity of care and consistency with our small rural communities and hospitals, we require a minimum of 5 day stretch per month (you may work more!)
- Dedicated and convenient private and comfortable quarters/call-room
- Meals provided in physicians lounge
- Board certified in family or internal medicine
- Active state licensure or ability to obtain
- Ability to perform full scope of practice
- Clean malpractice and disciplinary history
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Prior experience preferred
- Proficiency and willingness to perform mainline procedures
Rural Physicians Group is an expansive physician network of rural-focused hospitalists, surgicalists and APPs that are passionate about helping rural hospitals meet the needs of the communities they serve. We offer a true, permanent solution to the crisis facing more than 1,300 rural hospitals across the United States, and we are actively growing our network of exceptional providers to help us achieve this mission.
By working with Rural Physicians Group, our hospital partners receive full-time, dedicated providers on site, filling a critical void in care coverage and allowing for better patient outcomes. Better outcomes lead to expanded inpatient services. Expanded inpatient services revitalize the hospital. And a revitalized hospital improves the entire community. This is the way rural medicine should be. An extraordinary solution to a very complex problem.
Located on the Oregon coast and in eight rural communities, Adventist Health Tillamook offers comprehensive care, close to home. We provide the resources and clinical expertise of a leading health system to all of our patients, from prevention and diagnosis to treatment and ongoing management of your health and well-being.
The City of Tillamook is on the northern coast of Oregon just 74 miles west of Portland next to Tillamook Bay. Located amidst a tangle of rivers and farm fields, Tillamook is renowned for its agriculture that stewards and cultivates the region’s natural beauty. As the county seat, it is also the center of business in the region and the crossroads from which visitors can reach Tillamook County’s many beaches, parks and recreational opportunities.
Tillamook has long been a hard-working community built around the area’s timber, dairy, and fishing industries. A highly successful dairy industry has led the name Tillamook to be frequently associated with dairy products, and tours of the sophisticated Tillamook Creamery are one of the most popular attractions in town. Restaurants think local, putting farm and ocean-to-table ingredients to good use in their dishes. Today, with a rapidly growing tourism industry added to the mix, the city is enjoying a renaissance. Classic downtown buildings are being refurbished, new ones are being built, a new waste treatment plant has been constructed to serve future growth, and the Tillamook Urban Renewal Agency is at work revitalizing the city. Tillamook also has a long history of aviation dating back to the Second World War. Today, it has a public airport and an extensive aviation museum featuring blimps, pilot equipment, and historic airplanes. The area around Tillamook has multiple hiking trails, more than 800 miles of navigable waters for kayaking, and ample crabbing, clamming, and fishing spots within Tillamook Bay.