Hospitalist Opportunity in Mountain Home, Idaho
Rural Physicians Group (RPG) is looking for a hospitalist to join our team at St. Luke's Elmore Medical Center who is passionate about rural medicine, is looking to make a difference in medically underserved communities, and wants to enjoy a flexible schedule with more autonomy.
- 25 bed hospital critical access hospital
- Epic EMR with Dragon Dictation
- No ICU
- Attached SNF
- Avg. Daily Census: 10
- newly renovated onsite call room accommodations
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Contractor (1099) Status - enjoy tax benefits of owning your own business
- $1,400 stipend per day
- Eligibility for bonus pool (up to 20k quarterly based on RPG metrics)
- PRIME $100 bonus for physicians working 10+ shifts per month + $3,000
- Quarterly Prime Bonus
- Hospital will submit billing
- Housing provided by RPG
- Malpractice Insurance provide by RPG
SCHEDULE & ACCOMODATIONS
- Consistent placement -plan your schedule 90 days out
- in an effort to provide continuity of care and consistency with our small rural communities and hospitals, we require a minimum of 5 day stretch per month (you may work more!)
- Dedicated and convenient private and comfortable quarters/call-room
- Meals provided in physicians lounge
- Board certified in family or internal medicine
- Active state licensure or ability to obtain
- Ability to perform full scope of practice
- Clean malpractice and disciplinary history
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Prior experience preferred
- Proficiency and willingness to perform mainline procedures
Rural Physicians Group is an expansive physician network of rural-focused hospitalists, surgicalists and APPs that are passionate about helping rural hospitals meet the needs of the communities they serve. We offer a true, permanent solution to the crisis facing more than 1,300 rural hospitals across the United States, and we are actively growing our network of exceptional providers to help us achieve this mission.
By working with Rural Physicians Group, our hospital partners receive full-time, dedicated providers on site, filling a critical void in care coverage and allowing for better patient outcomes. Better outcomes lead to expanded inpatient services. Expanded inpatient services revitalize the hospital. And a revitalized hospital improves the entire community. This is the way rural medicine should be. An extraordinary solution to a very complex problem.
St. Luke's Elmore, formerly Elmore Medical Center, was founded in 1955 and has a long tradition of providing expert care to the people of Elmore and northern Owyhee counties. With your best health in mind, we offer ongoing disease prevention coaching that’s integrated into every service we provide. We’re your local 25-bed critical access hospital featuring 24-hour emergency department, lab and imaging services, family birthing suites, and a long-term care unit. We also offer primary care at St. Luke’s Clinic – Trinity Mountain Medical, where we specialize in family medicine and OB/GYN care.
Mountain Home is a vibrant rural community of 15,000, originally a post office at Rattlesnake Station, a stagecoach stop on the Overland Stage Line, about seven miles east of the city. With the addition of the Oregon Short Line Railroad in 1883, the post office was moved downhill and west to the city's present site.
You can find big-city conveniences concentrated in a small-town, friendly atmosphere. Visitors and residents alike enjoy a wide variety of local recreational activities offered by our surroundings. The city has a strong sense of family values and community that you can experience firsthand at our many local events like Air Force Appreciation Day – one of Idaho’s largest parades, the Mountain Home Country Music Festival, and a celebration of summer with the Endless Summer Festival of Beer. For those who are ready to explore the great outdoors, the opportunities are limitless. Venture to the top of the sand dunes or hike along mountain-side back trails, cast a line at one of the many fishing destinations, or set up camp and enjoy the remarkable scenic views.