Hospitalist Opportunity in Gold Beach, Oregon
Rural Physicians Group (RPG) is looking for a hospitalist to join our team at Curry General Hospital who is passionate about rural medicine, is looking to make a difference in medically underserved communities, and wants to enjoy a flexible schedule with more autonomy.
- 25 bed hospital critical access hospital
- EMR: CPSI with M-Modal Dictation
- 2 bed ICU
- Avg. Daily Census: 5
- Spacious onsite call room accommodations with ocean view
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Contractor (1099) Status - enjoy tax benefits of owning your own business
- $1,400 stipend per day
- Eligibility for bonus pool (up to 20k quarterly based on RPG metrics)
- PRIME $100 bonus for physicians working 10+ shifts per month + $3,000
- Quarterly Prime Bonus
- Hospital will submit billing
- Housing provided by RPG
- Malpractice Insurance provide by RPG
SCHEDULE & ACCOMODATIONS
- Consistent placement -plan your schedule 90 days out
- in an effort to provide continuity of care and consistency with our small rural communities and hospitals, we require a minimum of 5 day stretch per month (you may work more!)
- Dedicated and convenient private and comfortable quarters/call-room
- Meals provided in physicians lounge
- Board certified in family or internal medicine
- Active state licensure or ability to obtain
- Ability to perform full scope of practice
- Clean malpractice and disciplinary history
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Prior experience preferred
- Proficiency and willingness to perform mainline procedures
Rural Physicians Group is an expansive physician network of rural-focused hospitalists, surgicalists and APPs that are passionate about helping rural hospitals meet the needs of the communities they serve. We offer a true, permanent solution to the crisis facing more than 1,300 rural hospitals across the United States, and we are actively growing our network of exceptional providers to help us achieve this mission.
By working with Rural Physicians Group, our hospital partners receive full-time, dedicated providers on site, filling a critical void in care coverage and allowing for better patient outcomes. Better outcomes lead to expanded inpatient services. Expanded inpatient services revitalize the hospital. And a revitalized hospital improves the entire community. This is the way rural medicine should be. An extraordinary solution to a very complex problem.
Curry General Hospital has been called "a jewel among rural hospitals in Oregon" and is known for its exceptionally compassionate and caring staff. Certified as a Critical Access Hospital, the hospital provides quality care by community people, right near home.
In November 2013, District voters overwhelmingly approved a ballot measure to help fund the construction of a replacement Curry General Hospital in Gold Beach. The new, state-of-the-art 62,000 square foot facility opened in May, 2017, replacing the 65+ year old building which no longer met building code or served the community's needs.
Curry General Hospital is safety and quality accredited by DNV-GL.
Gold Beach is located 40 miles north of the California border with a population of around 2,255. It’s different from other coastal towns with its blend of forest, river, and ocean located at just 60 feet above sea level.
The early story of Gold Beach is a weaving of Native American cultures and wars, Spanish explorers and European fur trappers, ranchers, gold miners, loggers, fishermen, mill workers and town folk: all building a special kind of life in an amazing place that has never lost its natural allure.
Whether locals or tourists, there are not a lot of people in Gold Beach and that probably makes the biggest difference compared with other destinations. Providing an aura of a forgotten pace and time, Gold Beach is a place where visitors stay for weekends or weeks at a time, relaxed and unhurried.