Hospitalist Opportunity in Healdsburg, California
Rural Physicians Group (RPG) is looking for a hospitalist to join our team at Healdsburg District Hospital who is passionate about rural medicine, is looking to make a difference in medically underserved communities, and wants to enjoy a flexible schedule with more autonomy.
We are on a mission to help rural hospitals meet the needs of the people they serve. Our expansive network of passionate, experienced hospitalists, surgicalists and APPs works full-time to solve the healthcare crisis in rural communities, partnering with hospitals to offer continuity of care and improved patient outcomes.
- 21 Bed CAH
- Level 4 Trauma Center
- ICU (4 beds)
- EMR: Medhost with Dragon dictation
- Average Daily Census: 8
- ACLS certification required
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Contractor (1099) Status - enjoy tax benefits of owning your own business
- $1,400 stipend per day
- Eligibility for bonus pool (up to 20k quarterly based on RPG metrics)
- PRIME $100 bonus for physicians working 10+ shifts per month + $3,000
- Quarterly Prime Bonus
- Hospital will submit billing
- Housing provided by RPG
- Malpractice Insurance provide by RPG
SCHEDULE & ACCOMMODATIONS
- Consistent placement -plan your schedule 90 days out
- in an effort to provide continuity of care and consistency with our small rural communities and hospitals, we require a minimum of 7 day stretch per month (you may work more!)
- Dedicated and convenient private and comfortable quarters/call-room
- Meals provided in physicians lounge
- Board certified in family or internal medicine
- Active state licensure or ability to obtain
- Ability to perform full scope of practice
- Clean malpractice and disciplinary history
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Prior experience preferred
- Proficiency and willingness to perform mainline procedures
Rural Physicians Group is an expansive physician network of rural-focused hospitalists, surgicalists and APPs that are passionate about helping rural hospitals meet the needs of the communities they serve. We offer a true, permanent solution to the crisis facing more than 1,300 rural hospitals across the United States, and we are actively growing our network of exceptional providers to help us achieve this mission.
By working with Rural Physicians Group, our hospital partners receive full-time, dedicated providers on site, filling a critical void in care coverage and allowing for better patient outcomes. Better outcomes lead to expanded inpatient services. Expanded inpatient services revitalize the hospital. And a revitalized hospital improves the entire community. This is the way rural medicine should be. An extraordinary solution to a very complex problem.
You can still see the place where Healdsburg District Hospital began in 1905. It was in the right wing of the home of Dr. J. Walter Seawall at 211 North Street, now the Camellia Inn. It was called Healdsburg General Hospital, and a doctor’s visit cost $2. Dr. Seawall and his partner, Dr. Frank E. Sohler, were hard-working, dedicated, and innovative physicians who insisted on the best equipment and latest medical technology for their hospital. This, along with the sunshine and fresh air, attracted first-rate staff to the hospital.
Not much has changed since then, though the hospital has moved locations several times, and a doctor’s visit costs a bit more than $2. HDH still provides quality, compassionate care, and the residents of northern Sonoma County appreciate the high-quality healthcare they receive from dedicated professionals who live and work in their local communities.
As the town of Healdsburg grew, the community was committed to keeping HDH as its flagship hospital for northern Sonoma County. Then in 2002, the North Sonoma County Healthcare District was formed, which revived the over 100-year-old hospital, officially renaming it Healdsburg District Hospital.
If you're ready to immerse yourself in every aspect of the Wine Country lifestyle, the charming town of Healdsburg nestled along the Russian River has it all - stunning vistas, excellent wine, farm-to-table cuisine, interesting history, art of all types, beautiful music, small-town charm, intriguing shopping, and pampering spas all centered around a charming town plaza. Healdsburg, population 11,254, is about a 90-minute drive from San Francisco's Golden Gate Bridge, and you simply go north on the multi-lane US Highway 101 the entire drive.