MD/DO- Geriatric Psychiatrist- Menasha, WI
ThedaCare is committed to expanding psychiatric care to the communities it serves. ThedaCare Behavioral Health provides mental health and substance use disorder treatment to adults throughout ThedaCare's seven county region. As part of an ongoing effort, ThedaCare wishes to add a Fellowship Trained Outpatient Geriatric Psychiatrist in Menasha, Wisconsin. The Outpatient Geriatric Psychiatrist will see new patients 65 years and older, perform evaluations and provide medication checks.
- Work within ThedaCare Behavioral Health's Adult Psychiatry program
- Full-time: Monday-Friday (flexible with schedule)
- Call: (2-3 weeknights per month- Monday-Friday) No weekend call
- The Outpatient Psychiatry team is supported by a team of RNs who field all patients requests and needs in between visits. Along with a team of Medical Assistants who assist with vitals and other ancillary needs for patients
- Dedicated team of Psychiatric Hospitalists located in our newly renovated, adult inpatient unit at ThedaCare Regional Medical Center - Neenah
- Implemented Behavioral Health Collaboration Managers at the primary care level
- TCBH runs the Behavioral Health Walk In Clinic which offers same day availability of psychiatric and therapy services
The Psychiatric group is part of a behavioral health division that includes; six adult psychiatrists, four nurse practitioner, four adult psychiatric hospitalists and 50 Mental Health/Substance Abuse Counselors as well as Psychology, Neuropsychology services and a Mental Health Day Treatment Program.
As part of an integrated system, support staff also helps the physician to provide excellent patient care!
- Recovery Services (Substance Abuse)-Adult
- Mental Health Day Treatment-Adult
- Outpatient Mental Health-Adult
- Strong collaboration and integration with primary care
ThedaCare is a community-owned, non-profit health system consisting of seven hospitals and 30+ primary care clinics, comprising of 225 primary care providers, serving 14 counties with a population of 1,236,305 and a projected growth rate of 1.3% by the year 2023. ThedaCare is a Next Generation ACO with 900 provider affiliates. In addition, we offer services with ThedaCare At Work, ThedaCare At Home, and other healthcare services.
- Hospital Locations:
- ThedaCare Regional Medical Center-Appleton,147 Bed Acute Care, Level III Trauma Center
- ThedaCare Regional Medical Center-Neenah, 151 Bed Acute Care, Level II Trauma Center
- ThedaCare Medical Center-New London, 25 Bed Critical Access
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Waupaca, 25 Bed Critical Access
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Shawano, 25 Bed Critical Access
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Berlin, 25 Bed Critical Access
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Wild Rose, 25 Bed Critical Access
ThedaCare is the third largest employer in Northeast Wisconsin with about 6,800 employees.
Through our 100-year history, ThedaCare has woven itself into the very fabric of the communities we serve. For our employees, ThedaCare offers an environment that not only welcomes but also encourages innovative thinking and fresh approaches to today’s health care challenges.
We’re on a mission to improve the health and well-being of the communities we serve, empowering individuals to live their best lives. As one of the leading nonprofit providers in Northeast and Central Wisconsin, ThedaCare is dedicated to compassionate, effective care for everyone. Our team of skilled experts is committed to supporting our local community through innovative care techniques, educational resources, clinical research and a patient-first approach.
This job posting is available in other languages besides English free of charge. Please contact the ThedaCare Employment Center to make your request at 920-830-5800 and then prompt “1”. ThedaCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ThedaCare complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, medical condition, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
The Fox Cities of Wisconsin includes 19 communities along the Fox River in East Central Wisconsin, including Appleton, Neenah, Menasha, Kimberly and a number of additional villages and townships. This area balances the charm, safety, and convenience of small town life with the diversity and vitality of a metropolitan area. Known for its notable school systems and colleges, the Fox Cities also offers an attractive lineup of retail destinations, including the Fox River Mall and downtown boutiques. As a community where live music, art and creativity thrive, the Fox Cities offers vibrant cultural venues and a year-round calendar of exciting events including Mile of Music, Octoberfest, marathons, Art on the Town, and Farmer’s Market.
- Appleton Area School District
- Appleton Catholic Education System
- Appleton Best Place to Live in US
- The Building for Kids Children's Museum
- Catalpa Health
- City of Neenah
- Fox Cities Chamber of Commerce
- Fox Cities-Greater Appleton
- Fox Cities Performing Arts Center
- Fox Valley Lutheran High School
- Greenville Elementary School
- Hortonville Area School District
- Kimberly Area School District
- Menasha School District
- New North
- Neenah School District
- Twin City Catholic Education
- YMCA of the Fox Cities
Appleton International Airport located in Appleton, and Austin Straubel Airport in Green Bay offer modern facilities and convenient access to all the Midwest hubs. A few additional airport hubs in the region are Central Wisconsin Airport in Mosinee, General Mitchell International Airport in Milwaukee, and Dane County Regional Airport in Madison.
- Appleton International Airport
- Austin Straubel Airport - Green Bay, WI
- Central Wisconsin Airport
- Dane County Regional Airport
- General Mitchell International Airport
Modern interstate highway systems provide quick, easy access to larger metropolitan areas:
- Distance to Green Bay: 30 miles
- Distance to Milwaukee: 104 miles
- Distance to Madison: 105 miles
- Distance to Chicago, IL: 194 miles
- Distance to Minneapolis, MN: 285 miles