Interventional Cardiologist - Wausau, WI
Due to system growth and upcoming retirement, Aspirus Cardiology has an exceptional opening for an Interventional Cardiologist.
*Very competitive salary, plus an excellent benefit package including up to $50,000 signing bonus, up to $15,000 relocation allowance, and up to $200,000 loan repayment, as well as generous time off and CME allowances.
- Extremely well integrated Heart Team working very closely with Cardiothoracic Surgeons and CV imagers
- Advanced interventional and structural heart cases including ECMO-supported interventions, TAVR, MitraClip, Watchman, and paravalvular leak closure among others
- Active STEMI program with over 200 primary PCIs per year
- NP/PA support for hospital admissions/rounding, as well as for office follow-ups and specialty clinics, including structural heart disease, pulmonary hypertension, and heart failure
- Mostly interventional call 1 in 5 - 6 nights
- Close collaboration with hospitalist service, including support for after-hours admissions
- Option to participate in cutting-edge clinical research programs, with 8 full-time research coordinators and staff
- Teaching opportunities and faculty appointments through Medical School on-site (Medical College of Wisconsin) and University of Wisconsin Family Medicine Residency Program
- Opportunity to assume an administrative or clinic leadership role
- Exceptional work/life balance: start with 6 weeks off and add an additional week off each year, up to 11 weeks per year
- Outstanding outdoor opportunities, minutes away, including downhill skiing, mountain bike trails, hiking, fishing and world-class whitewater kayaking
Aspirus Cardiology is a large, single specialty cardiology group covering central and northern Wisconsin, as well as the upper peninsula of Michigan. For 30 years the group has consistently provided state-of-the-art, patient focused cardiovascular services for the region.
Over the last 10 years, the Cardiovascular Service Line at Aspirus has received many awards including recently being selected as one of the 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals in the country by Truven Health Analytics, this is the 10th time since 2001 we have received this honor. Other accolades include:
- American College of Cardiology Foundation’s NCDR ACTION Registry – GWTG Platinum Performance Achievement Award.
- American Heart Association’s Mission: Lifeline® Gold.
- 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs by Becker’s Hospital Review.
- Blue Distinction Center for cardiac care by Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield.
- 3-star rating (highest given) for CABG surgery from the Society of Thoracic Surgeons.
- Thomson Reuters Top 50 Cardiovascular Hospital.
- US News & World Report Top 50 Hospital for Cardiology and Heart Surgery.
- Becker’s Hospital Review-Aspirus Wausau Hospital named among 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs
- American Heart Association’s Mission-Lifeline® Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award
Aspirus has been named by IBM Watson Health as one of the Nation’s Top 15 Health Systems, based on analysis of overall organizational performance. We are a system of 8 hospitals and 60 clinics that spans over 25,000 square miles throughout Central Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Currently, over 470 providers are located throughout the system and have the opportunity to affect approximately 604,000 lives.
Aspirus Wausau Hospital is the flagship of the Aspirus system that serves patients in 14 counties across northern and central Wisconsin, as well as the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. It is licensed for 325 beds and staffed by 350 physicians in 35 specialties.
Aspirus Wausau Hospital provides primary, secondary and tertiary care services as a regional referral center. Specialty referral service emphasis exists in cardiology and cardiothoracic surgery, orthopedics and cancer. The hospital has an average daily inpatient census of 160 with approximately 15,000 admissions per year. Outpatient visits exceed 50,000 and there are also more than 24,000 annual emergency department visits.
Best known for its world-class cardiovascular program, Aspirus Wausau Hospital also provides leading edge cancer, trauma, women’s health, and spine and neurological care.
In January 2019, Aspirus Wausau Hospital opened an eight-bed Clinical Decision Unit (CDU). The new unit aims to improve patient length-of-stay for observation and ambulatory patients throughout the hospital.
The hospital is continually recognized nationally for the level of care it provides. Aspirus Wausau Hospital has earned high quality ratings or awards from prominent quality agencies such as HealthGrades, Thomson Reuters, Truven Health, Becker’s Hospital Review, Mission: Lifeline® and U.S. News & World Report.
Wausau, Wisconsin is located in the lovely Wisconsin River valley at the center of the state. We have a metro area population of 80,000 with excellent schools, busy performing arts center, large private music conservatory, and visual arts center. Quiet residential neighborhoods surround Lake Wausau and overlook the Wisconsin River or have views of Rib Mountain State Park. A normal commute is ten minutes to any part of town. We enjoy four seasons of recreation including all water sports, sailing, kayaking, mountain biking, hiking, soccer, down-hill and cross-country skiing. We are conveniently located three hours from Milwaukee and Minneapolis. For More Information, Visit https://www.wausauchamber.com/