MD/DO - Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation (Outpatient)
ThedaCare is seeking a full time Board Certified/Board Eligible Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Physician to join our established team in Neenah, Wisconsin. This physician will have primarily outpatient clinic responsibilities.
The practice encompasses the full spectrum of general physical medicine and rehabilitative services. Our specialized team of physiatrists have experience treating common physical disorders, as well as the most severe and complex cases of trauma. The entire care journey is charted and maintained by all those who are involved with recovery and rehabilitation. We have the capabilities and dedication to deliver a high rate of success and satisfaction.
- Join an established team consisting of 3 PM&R physicians and 3 Advanced Practice Clinicians
- Primarily outpatient with time spent in the inpatient unit (1 week per quarter-4 weeks per year)
- ThedaCare is well known for its Level II Neuro Trauma Center located at ThedaCare Regional Medical Center-Neenah
- Call 1:4 over night/weekend
- 12-18 patients per day in the outpatient clinic
- 12 bed inpatient rehab unit, with average daily census of 7/8 patients
- EPIC EMR used throughout system
New Facility Coming Summer of 2020: https://thedacareosp.org/
ThedaCare Regional Medical Center-Neenah is located in Neenah in the heart of the Fox River Valley. This 150-bed hospital includes:
- ACS Level II Trauma Center, including a dedicated Chest Pain Center, and 24/7 staffing with board certified emergency medicine physicians.
- ThedaStar, a helicopter-based response service for all of Northeastern Wisconsin.
- ThedaCare Hospitalist Program- 24/7 hospitalist coverage
- The Stroke Center, which is the only Primary Stroke Center certified by the Joint Commission in Northeast Wisconsin.
- Specialized Neurology/Neurosurgery Unit, which includes nurses who receive additional certification in Caring for Neurology/Neurosurgery patients.
- The Center of Rehabilitation Services, which offers treatment for trauma, stroke, orthopedic, and patients with neuromuscular conditions.
- The Aylward Surgery Center,an on-site outpatient surgery center with four surgical suites, two procedure rooms, and a cystoscopy room.
- Inpatient Behavioral Health Unit, a 19-bed unit with 24/7 staffing and a dedicated "Psychiatric Intensive Care" area, as well as detox beds.
Also attached to ThedaCare Regional Medical Center-Neenah is The Children's Hospital of Wisconsin-Fox Valley. Although not staffed by ThedaCare, there is a strong partnership. Children's Hospital has a regional level III neonatal intensive care nursery whose affiliated medical staff includes a perinatologist, a pediatrician, and a neonatologist.
The Fox Cities of Wisconsin includes Appleton, Neenah, and Menasha, and is comprised of a total of 18 unique communities positioned along the scenic Fox River and Lake Winnebago. This area offers the charm, safety, and convenience of small town life, with the diversity and vitality of a metropolitan area.
The Fox Valley is the proud home of notable school systems, colleges, and is known across Wisconsin as THE place for shopping. Downtown Appleton, the Fox River Mall and many other retail destinations are a draw for shoppers from all over Wisconsin and beyond. In addition, the region features vibrant cultural venues, a year-round calendar of exciting events, one-of-a-kind museums and fantastic outdoor recreation.
The Fox Valley is a community where live music, art, and creativity thrives. There are many events throughout the year to partake in, such as Mile of Music, Octoberfest, night markets, marathons, Art on the Town, summer concerts, outdoor movies, parades, weekly Farmer's Market events, and more.
Appleton International Airport located in Appleton, and Austin Straubel Airport in Green Bay offer modern facilities and convenient access to all the Midwest hubs. A few additional airport hubs in the region are Central Wisconsin Airport in Mosinee, General Mitchell International Airport in Milwaukee, and Dane County Regional Airport in Madison.
Modern, interstate highway systems provide quick, easy access to larger metropolitan areas:
- Distance to Green Bay: 30 miles
- Distance to Milwaukee: 107 miles
- Distance to Madison: 106 miles
- Distance to Chicago, IL: 197 miles
- Distance to Minneapolis, MN: 285 miles
ThedaCare is a community-owned, non-profit health system consisting of seven hospitals and 30+ ,,,,,,primary care clinics, comprising of 225 primary care providers, serving 14 counties with a population of 1,236,305 and a projected growth rate of 1.3% by the year 2023. ThedaCare is a Next Generation ACO with 900 provider affiliates. In addition, we offer services with ThedaCare At Work, ThedaCare At Home, and other healthcare services. ,,,,,,
- Hospital Locations:
- ThedaCare Regional Medical Center-Appleton, ,,,,,,147 Bed Acute Care
- ThedaCare Regional Medical Center-Neenah, 151 Bed Acute Care, Level II Trauma Center
- ThedaCare Medical Center-New London, 25 Bed Critical Access
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Waupaca, 25 Bed Critical Access
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Shawano, 25 Bed Critical Access
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Berlin, 25 Bed Critical Access
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Wild Rose, 25 Bed Critical Access
ThedaCare is the third largest employer in Northeast Wisconsin with ,,,,,,about 6,800 employees. ,,,,,,
Through our 100-year history, ThedaCare has woven itself into the very fabric of the communities we serve. For our employees, ThedaCare offers an environment that not only welcomes but also encourages innovative thinking and fresh approaches to today’s health care challenges.
We’ve improved the health of thousands of individuals. We know this because we track our quality and constantly seek to improve our care and services for the members of our communities.
ThedaCare is the first healthcare system in Wisconsin to be selected as a Mayo Clinic Care Network member.
This job posting is available in other languages besides English free of charge. ,,,,,, Please contact the ThedaCare Employment Center to make your request at 920-830-5800 and then prompt “1”. ,,,,,, ThedaCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ,,,,,, ThedaCare complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, medical condition, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.